Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have a problem with Category Display Options. I searched the forum for it and found one post: https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...h/true/re-help-with-categories#Post69997
I looked for the setting (General Display Settings/Category Display Options, but it's not there. (My specs are in my sig.)

Here's what's happening. When I change the Category Display Option from the default 1 Month, I see additional pages. As soon as I click on one of those page links (1-10), the display option automatically reverts to 1 Month and I can't see the older posts. I've poked around in the Control Panel trying to find anything about Category Display Options, but I haven't found it. Is this a bug? Or am I missing a setting?

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43
Database Size 1.85 GB
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, there are a few things we can try, since it works fine on the other v7.6.1.1 installs I've tested.

What browser are you using? Version? Are other users experiencing the same problems? What browser and version are they using?

1. Have you cleared your cookies from your browser for your site?
2. Have you cleared the cache on your forum?
3. Could you go and edit the forum and save the page with the show all threads option selected, and try again.
4. Could you remove any 3rd party additions to the configs to test, its possible that an included bit of HTML or external JavaScript may not be terminating correctly and could be overriding the setting when you visit the page.
5. Is all of your 3rd party code up to date? Providers commonly update their coding over the years and older coding can break over the years; providers such as google adsense, google analytics, ebay, amazon, etc.

Also, your link isn't applicable at all to anything recent; it's for UBB.Classic v6, which was in Perl, and was coded by a completely different developer (Charles Capps).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Expiring cookies fixed it for me. I'm waiting to hear back from the OP. Thanks.

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Server Information
UBB.threads Version 7.7.5
Release 20201027
Server OS Linux
Server Load 0.16
Web Server Apache/2.4.6
PHP Version 7.4.33
MYSQL Version 5.7.43
Database Size 1.85 GB

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29