Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#261598 07/30/2018 3:35 PM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
I've been running Threads since about 1998, haven't had trouble in years, until now and am clueless what to do.

When I access the site (https://www.backpacking.net/bbs.html) I get the following - any ideas, solutions?? Thank you !!

By the way, I'm running 7.59

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Smarty has a deprecated constructor in /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 64

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bbcode has a deprecated constructor in /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/libs/bbcode.inc.php on line 4

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; mailer has a deprecated constructor in /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/libs/mailer.inc.php on line 6

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/libs/mysql.inc.php:20 Stack trace: #0 /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php(88): sql->connect() #1 /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/ubbthreads.php(40): require_once('/usr/www/users/...') #2 {main} thrown in /usr/www/users/packlite/forum/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 20

Last edited by packlite; 07/30/2018 3:36 PM. Reason: added info
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It looks like your webhost upgraded your PHP version to PHP7, which is not compatible with UBB.threads; at this time, UBB.threads only supports PHP5.4-5.6 (recommended is PHP5.6).

You should install a copy of the UBB.threads System Requirements Test and see what variables it produces; it'll tell you your base server configuration as well as make suggestions for your hosting environment.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Thank you for the info, Gizmo,

I put in a support ticket to my host and this was the response:

The default version of PHP was upgraded today from 5.6 to 7.1. It appears
that the code within your scripts are not compatible with version 7.1
based on the deprecated errors. I resolved the issue by reverting the site
back to calling PHP 5.6 through CGI using a .htaccess file. The page now
loads without error.

so at the moment, all is good and well. Thanks again.

packlite

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29