Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Old Hand
Old Hand
Not an important question but I'm curious..

I see some has members here on UBBcentral has a "UBB 10 years" [Linked Image] image/button or "UBB 15 years" [Linked Image]
in their profile, How does that work?

I bought my UBB license in 2001 and started to post here but that was as "anonymous" I probably did not register as member.
I see then posts with my name in 2006 as "Morgan" so I must be at least over the 10 year mark.

I would be interested knowing how to add a year image to the profile, also how I could implement this within my own BritBike forum.
Our members started as early as 1996 but it reads 2001 as they moved onto the new UBB forum.

Please advice

Last edited by Morgan; 10/22/2018 9:36 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Its manually set, BUT access to the group image is generally only set by the vendor (as this is a user to user forum, and we don't have access to license information).

Check your preferences.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Old Hand
Old Hand
Giz, you say
Its manually set, BUT access to the group image is generally only set by the vendor (as this is a user to user forum, and we don't have access to license information).

Now I'm getting a bit confused, Are you telling me that I as admin put members in a certain group for example 10 years members and another for 15 years members and add group images such as above?

If this is the case then its no point to think of it as we have 10000+ members.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The member image is a set "Group Image" (10 year user group, 15 year user group); once added to that group the target user can assign the group image in their preferences.

Now, if you had a postcount group you could have it assign the group automatically, but that'd be post based.

This is all manual; there is no checking of any license data.

One could probably write a modification that'd check the registration date and have a check that could take that date and assign an image, but no code is currently available for that.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Old Hand
Old Hand
It makes sense when described, with present coding I will not use it on my forum, see no point. thanks anyway for explaining.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29