Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
K Offline
The admin doesn’t allow saving the user when he has a homepage URL. This is because the software strips the http:// part for saving to the database AND displaying in the admin, although it actually checks if it is there when saving. Additionally, no error messages are shown so it looks as though the 'save' button doesn't work.

I've done a really simple edit adding the http part in showuser.php but this is a dirty fix, as some people might require eg. https:// instead of http://

I think it would be good to go through all files and fix this throughout the entire soft.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Thanks. This is a known bug and was found out a day after 7.7.1 went out the door on 1/29. It got in there a few hours before release during a last minute update to a single template file. It is fixed within a planned March release of 7.7.2.

Thanks for your update on this.

a temporary solution is to either 1/ edit templates/default/admin/showuser.php to revert: type="url" with type="input" for the user homepage url <input>. or 2/ to to manually add an "http://" in front of the member homepage each time you edit a user, until 7.7.2 is released and you've updated to at least that version. or 3/ use the templates/default/admin/showuser.php from the posted (Member Area) 7.7.0 release of the software.

Last edited by isaac; 02/17/2019 4:49 AM. Reason: fixed a word

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Humm, Brain in run away mode.
I keep hearing mention of version 7.7.2 maybe March 2019.
Isaac,
Are you going to start a topic on what changes/fixes will be forthcoming soon?
Still waiting on pulling the trigger on updating.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Ruben
Isaac,
Are you going to start a topic on what changes/fixes will be forthcoming soon?
Still waiting on pulling the trigger on updating.

You have access to the UBB.threads 7.7.2 snapshot thread which was started on UBBDev's beta-tester/developer forums 2/10.

As for starting a preview post over here, I am currently out of state until the end of the week (at least until after the 25th, due to snow), but I will try to get something started here while I'm away form the office. Until then, what you see me posting here is my best attempt to stay on top of things while I'm away.

Knowing that I was going to be away for the last portion of February, I've prepared by starting that developer topic on ubbdev.com just before leaving town. Here on ubbcentral.com, I've posted a brand new stock style just a few days ago (the day I left), including its screenshots and the documentation/readme. This was initially to be included with the 7.7.2 release, but somehow wink it got released early.

The most recent release (7.7.1) was literally less than 3 weeks ago, on January 29th. Any 7.7.1 bug mentioned, has received a solution (or/and alternate solutions) posted within an hour. UBB.threads 7.7.1 was released just one week after the massive 7.7.0 release. Lots of things were done to get that here. Lots of testing was also done prior to its release. Everyone here is doing an awesome job of reporting anything that has slipped through the cracks. This will be the majority of that 7.7.2 will consist of -- and as usual, some new and updated features.

In summary, I'm on top of things. Though your question was directed at me, James/Gizmo has also been an awesome team player in providing instant support and other things together for you guys thumbsup

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29