Print Thread
Hop To
#263019 08/07/2019 11:58 PM
J
Stranger
Stranger
J Offline
Hi All:

So I have to do the proverbial "post of shame" in the sense that my special needs client Carly has just installed her licensed software in a test directory on her VPS and was messing around for awhile trying to figure out the ins and outs of UBB from being a long-time user of out internal community software at work and took about a 4-6 hours break away from it all to get dinner with myself and the rest of her support team. Come back to mess around with the test site (which will be a possible replacement for her social intranet site for her friends, family, and support personnel like me) and she forgot her admin user's password and didn't set up the email account that was tied to it on her server.

in short, is there a way from PHPMyAdmin to do a a query and reset the password?

any help in this situation would be greatly appreciated short of her just re-installing the whole thing from scratch and losing all that precious test data?

Jennette

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You can edit the "USER_PASSWORD" field in the "ubbt_USERS" table, this is the hashed value of the user password; simply copy the value from a known password (from a separate account).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
P
P Offline
You can actually set a new UBB password with phpMyAdmin. Just choose the function "MD5" to generate the hash:
[Linked Image]

J
Stranger
Stranger
J Offline
Thanks Everyone for your quick responses and help :-) you al saved the day! issue solved!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 377 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29