Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Addict
Addict
For my main LisaShea forums I ran a rebuild of the categories, then forums, then posts. When I got to the posts level, which has I think 500k entries, it chugged for a while. Then it jammed on what I think is a spam post. Now what?

\forum\libs\content_rebuild.inc.php
Line#: 89
SQL Error: Incorrect string value: '\xA5\xC3\xA1\xC3\xAD\xC3...' for column 'POST_BODY' at row 1
SQL Error #: 1366
Query: UPDATE ubbt_POSTS SET POST_BODY = '

ñàìûé òîðæåñòâåííûé, ðîìàíòè÷åñêèé èëè ðàäîñòíûé ìîìåíò íàøåé æèçíè ìû âñïîìèíàåì î öâåòàõ. ×òî, åñëè íå áóêåò öâåòîâ ïîâûøàåò íàñòðîåíèå è âûçûâàåò áëàæåííóþ óëûáêó íà íàøèõ ëèöàõ? Ôëîðèñòû íàøåãî öâåòî÷íîãî ìàãàçèíà "Òþëüïàíû" ñòàðàþòñÿ ïîäõîäèòü ê ñîñòàâëåíèþ êàæäîãî áóêåòà èíäèâèäóàëüíî è ñîçäàþò íåïîâòîðèìûå êîìïîçèöèè, áóäü òî ñâàäåáíûé áóêåò, áèçíåñ-áóêåò èëè áóêåò äëÿ Âàøåãî ëþáèìîãî ÷åëîâåêà. Íåëüçÿ ñêàçàòü, ÷òî â íàøåé êîëëåêöèè òþëüïàíîâ åñòü ëó÷øèå è èìåííî îíè èñïîëüçóþòñÿ â ñîñòàâëåíèè áèçíåñ...�áíûõ è äðóãèõ áóêåòîâ. Íåò.  íàøåé êîëåêöèè ÊÀÆÄÛÉ òþëüïàí ëó÷øèé, ïîýòîìó è áóêåòû, ñîñòàâëÿåìûå íàìè âñåãäà ïðåêðàñíû è îðèãèíàëüíû. Ïîçâîíèòå íàì è îôîðìèòå çàêàç öâåòîâ' WHERE POST_ID = 202806

I have direct access to MySQL. Should I empty out the post_body for post_id=202806? And then just rerun the entire rebuild from scratch?

I wanted to report it so you could account for this in the script.

Lisa

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
those are multibyte chars (\xA5\xC3\xA1\xC3\xAD\xC3)

the error you are seeing is the result of multi-byte data characters attempting to be written with a non-multi-byte client character set connector.

Update to at least UBB.threads version 7.7.2 (version 7.7.3 is current), where you can enable this from the control panel:
Control Panel > Paths & Database > Set Default Client Encoding to UTF8

OR, if for some reason you cannot update to the current version where your issue has been already addressed/fixed....

you can manually update your database to utf8mb4_general_ci collation, and modify the mysqli connector.

in /forums/libs/mysqli.inc.php
FIND:
Code
if (!isset($config['PERSISTENT_DB_CONNECTION']) || !$config['PERSISTENT_DB_CONNECTION']) {
	$this->dbh = mysqli_connect($config['DATABASE_SERVER'], $config['DATABASE_USER'], $config['DATABASE_PASSWORD'], $config['DATABASE_NAME']) or die("Problem occured in connection");
} else {
	$this->dbh = mysqli_connect("p:" . $config['DATABASE_SERVER'], $config['DATABASE_USER'], $config['DATABASE_PASSWORD'], $config['DATABASE_NAME']) or die("Problem occured in connection");
}

INSERT BELOW IT:
Code
mysqli_set_charset($this->dbh, "utf8mb4");

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Addict
Addict
Thanks so much, I'm working on that now.

BellaOnline Website
Addict
Addict
Just a note, I looked at the live forums and this was a garbage post even when it was first posted. It was a spammer back in 2007. So I just blanked out the post content itself rather than changing the entire forum setting right now smile.

BellaOnline Website
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Thank you for you reply.

Even though you did not use the solution posted for you, it should be helpful for anyone else who arrives at the same situation and chooses to not just delete posts which contain offending multibyte (or emoji) characters.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Addict
Addict
I will probably get to doing that update in the next few weeks. I'm just very busy right now so a quick fix works better smile.

BellaOnline Website

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 866 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29