Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#265298 04/07/2022 7:05 PM
C
Stranger
Stranger
C Offline
After we moved our threads' forum last week, several members say they are having problems not being able to remain logged. When they sign in and are trying to answer a post or start a thread, the system says they are logged out and have to do so again. We completed all upgrades and all permissions check out. We also increased the PHP memory limit. If here is a simple answer, i haven't found it. The board was moved to Bluehost and this seems to be the only recurring issue.

Board is at: https://readerrant.com

Any ideas?

Thanks.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What is your cookie expiration time set as?
Master Settings -> Primary Settings -> General Tab -> Advanced Options -> Cookie Expiration Time

Mine is set as "2592000" (30 days).

Are your users by chance logging in with multiple browsers? (logging in with multiple browsers could invalidate some settings in each cookie) What browsers are the users experiencing issues with? Is this affecting all users? How long are they able to stay logged in? What version did you upgrade from? (I ask this as v7.5.8 had a hardcoded 7 day window that wouldn't allow people to override)

Are users clicking "keep me logged in"? if they do not select "keep me logged in" how long can they stay logged in? Have you tried having your users clear their site cookies? Have you cleared your forum cache?

I'm not sure if you allow access to your site without HTTPS, but if you do it's possible users are logging in to the non-HTTPS site and being redirected to the HTTPS site without a valid cookie; are your forcing HTTPS for your entire site?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
C
Stranger
Stranger
C Offline
Thanks for the advice. The cookies were set for 30 minutes, not 30 days (as recommended0. Stupid oversight on my part. I do require use of https:// and all URL paths use the prefix. I've changed the cookies to 30 days instead of 30 minutes.

Again, my thanks.

Doug

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 377 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29