From the start of this whole "episode" I attempted to be open-minded and approached the whole scenario with the notion of at least giving the folks at InfoPop a chance. Unfortunately, InfoPop seemed to insist on proving me wrong.

Rick, you have undeniably created my most beloved piece of web software. You are definitely a smith at what you do, and W3T puts any product to shame (I find this OpenTopic to absolutely rediculous, how can ANYONE tell what ANYONE is saying to one another?). I think, however, you are expecting our love for this software, or love for what you do, to null out the horrible effects of this entire transition.

I'll share with you why this transition has everyone up in shambles, as if you haven't been told, but this is my chance to vent on having to go out as of now and find a new piece of forum software I find acceptable, because I'm not going to be getting it from here.

I'm sorry, but the InfoPop moderation of threads and "it'll all be ok honey, just bend over a little further..." attitude is what sets me off from the get go. As I said, I approached this whole "InfoPop aquires W3T" scenario with a sense of, "Rick hasn't led you wrong in the past, why would he now?". However, the first, and most insulting factor, has been the absolute distaste I find myself having for the staff that run these forums. That's great about how the staff here feels capable of supporting this forum software - but I'd love to see them support it over a user who's been sticking with W3T for 2 or more years. Frankly, I'd put any one of them to shame, and the fact that I have to come to a support forum to get support from people who are satisfied with this piece of junk (being OpenTopic) really calls the "support" I'm getting into questioning. The first good thing that could be done is to get rid of this staff and replace it with some actual experienced W3T users. Because it is quite possible I'm not 15 and my girlfriend doesn't ride a bicycle, I'd love to be treated as an adult.

Why did I originally come to W3T? To escape the horrors of UBB. The irony of the whole situation is, I now have to come to a UBB based board to get support for W3T. Uh, excuse me, what's wrong with this scenario? If the W3T dev forum wasn't finished being completed by InfoPop, it might have been a grandiose idea to hold off the move until it was. Now I'm being forced to use this child's play forum software to get support for a product I can't even actively demo while making the post, instead I have to go to a whole other site in itself. This software is enough to make my stomach turn, the mere lack of functionality makes me question the development of it when it's, what, been in development for years now, and this is the final product that they have to display? You forget people came to W3T to escape this forum software, as well as the support that backs it - the track record speaks for itself.

The price jacking. Need I say more?

The loss of the perl version in for what a good 80% of your user base uses. I won't even come close to attempting to fathom the decision making process that was behind this one, but as they say in Quake, gg.

I'm not resenting the change, I welcomed the change W3T brought to the table. I do resent this atrocity of a company, incompetence and the "if we lock a topic it will all go away" attitude of the staff, and pure horror of the software I'm now being forced to use to get support, or even voice my complaint. Bring change, fine. Lose InfoPop, lose the price jackings, and bring back Perl, or at least release it for external development for hell sakes. Change is fine, being force-fed bull**** isn't. I just wish you'd stand up for us here a bit Rick, it feels like we've just been left in the dust...

I'll be taking my business elsewhere, as I refuse to pay the amount InfoPop is requesting. Is it worth every penny they're asking? You bet. Is it worth giving a dime to InfoPop? Nope.

Later.