Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#32347 11/01/2000 11:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Would anyone like me to write a little web based setup/install script for the PHP version of W3T. It would basically walk you through the settings needed in config.inc.php and theme.inc.php. It should be put in the same directory as the main PHP install cause then it could attempt to save the config.inc.php and theme.inc.php (which would not be a problem because it would be saved as the httpd user and the httpd user has to read it (this is normally "nobody")). If it's unable to save the file then it would let you know and display the body of file on the screen in text format and then you could just save the files and then upload or copy em to the right place. I was going to do this for the Perl version in a Perl script but I sat there and I said "Wow. I forgot PRE."

But first I need to stop procrastinating and actually write this paper due in the morning. Oh well. I guess my English teacher wouldn't accept if I told him I've been writing all night long and just hand him a print out of all my posts?

#32348 11/02/2000 2:43 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I think it would be a very useful tool myself. Although the config and theme files aren't complete at this point.

--- <test>
Scream
Posted from the PHP Port Site (Post might be quirky)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29