Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#32671 03/20/2002 8:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Greetings. My server suffered a nasty hard drive crash. After restoring the data, the database was corrupted, and I had to repair it.

During the repair, I received several error messages, and had to reformat some of the tables using the myisamchk -e option.

End-result: a few usernames were lost. Expected.

What's puzzling me greatly is that a subset of users have been unable to log on. The error that they get, trying to log in, is "Not all the fields are filled in". I really don't understand what could be causing this error. Users are deleting old cookies, clearing cache, requesting new passwords, etc but the problem is persisting for some of them... I'm at my wit's end.

I am successful in logging in as these users... so the problem seems to be local to their PCs. But this is a occurring to enough users (a couple of dozen) that I'm very concerned.

Any ideas?

Max

#32672 03/20/2002 1:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Did those users change their start pages to the Main Index page? If so - there are a couple of things that you can do to correct this problem.

Regards,

Brett Harris
Infopop Corporation

#32673 03/20/2002 10:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm not sure ... this wasn't the case in at least one case. But at this point, any suggestions are welcome, even if the outcome is uncertain.

I continue to get a number of readers complaining about an error message of "All the required fields are not filled in", which I've never come across before.

Regards,
Max

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29