Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#35848 11/05/2000 6:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Scream, I´d like to know something about the PHP plans...
As I understand it, right now the idea is to simply port WWWThreads to PHP. Once it is stable, you´ve said it will always be one version behind the Perl version.
OK so far, but here comes my question...When will templates become available? Or will they at all? Any future plans for this (even if months away)?
If the templates became available, and were very customizable -easy to customize, with real customizing options... then I would personally go for templates, even if it lacked 3 complete versions behind the perl version. I think that would be the coolest thing available.

This is the main reason I look up to WWWThreads in PHP, not speed or anything else. Templates.

Mateo Byler
<A HREF="http://crucedecaminos.com" target="_new">CruceDeCaminos.com</A>

#35849 11/05/2000 8:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Not knocking anyone here but...you did know you can use templates with perl scripts too didn't you? I'll give the exact syntax if anyone needs it, but basically you run the cgi-script, and when it needs to output html it looks in a template file as to how to lay it out. For example, in the html template it'd have the basics like, the title, meta tags, etc. Then it'd have something like

{{begin header}}

When the cgi-script runs it basically will output the html file there. when it is told to output some information in place of {{begin header}} it well, does (sorry don't know how to explain it better). So basically you can design your template any way you want, and just move the {{cgi stuff}} parts around.

#35850 11/06/2000 4:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If Scream is going to "add" templates to PHP WWWThreads, he's better off releasing a templates compliant version from the begining. its pretty painful converting a script to support templates. once everything is written.

#35851 11/06/2000 11:35 AM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
At this point the future plans for the PHP version are undecided. I'm just trying to concentrate on getting the PERL version stable in its latest release and the PHP version ported. I do know that templates will be the first thing I look into once the PHP version is out and bug tested. No use even beginning adding new things to it until it is stable, so I have no idea on a time frame right now.

--- <test>
Scream
Posted from the PHP Port Site (Post might be quirky)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29