Print Thread
Hop To
#76228 12/12/2001 11:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
HI,

When a user registers on the board, if someone has already used that nickname, you get a message to go back. Going back requires that all fields must be re-entered. I have found that it works fine in my version of IE (using IE6) , but I have an old version of Netscape (4.08), and it does wipe out everything. That makes registration painful.

Is there anything that I can do to make it easier? Is there anything that could be modified in the error message to give someone a way to get back without losing everything?

I do understand that the password will need to be re-completed...and adding a note to the error message to flag that might be a good idea. I remember being caught by that.

Marianne

#76229 12/12/2001 12:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I think this is a side effect of the way UBB tells the browser to cache (or rather not cache) its pages. And then dependent on how the various browsers interpret that directive.

As such, I don't believe there's anything that can be done at a textual level to fix this.. (The best solution would probably involve sending the user back to the registration form immediately, and placing an error message inline at the top). But more work...

Sorry..

Graeme

Moderator: UBB6 How Do I?

NOTE: Any email requests for support will be ignored.

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." --Douglas Adams

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, 1 invisible), 998 guests, and 205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29