Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
journeyman
journeyman
G Offline
I had problems getting rid of an AdSense ad on my board and had to send some info to Google. We resolved the problem but they sent this info in reply:

> While reviewing your site we also found that a portion of your pages exist behind a login [a Log-in Discussion Board]. If you wish for us to be able to target your pages better, you will need to grant access to our crawlers. User agents starting with 'Mediapartners-Google' are used by our crawlers when indexing content for Google AdSense. Requests from our content crawlers can come from any of the IP addresses in the following range: 66.249.64.1 - 66.249.79.254

I have no idea what that means and when I asked them, they said they do not give HTML help. Anyone here have a clue and might be able to enlighten me?

Visit the real Threadsdev at http://www.threadsdev.net
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Your board is configured to prompt for a login name and password for all users. Google can't log in.

If you need to serve up AdSense ads on those pages, then you must make the pages available to the public at large so that the Google bot can look at the page.

(While it is technically possible to modify the scripts to let users in based on the criteria given, we can not advise doing so.)

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
G
journeyman
journeyman
G Offline
Thanks. We'd like to let Google in as the Ads are not very appropriate, but we need to have folks log-in, so we'll have to keep the 'bots at bay.

Visit the real Threadsdev at http://www.threadsdev.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Nightcrawler), 549 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29