Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hey guys,

Since I didnt get a useful response to my inquiries I am now attempting to install your product on the NEW site.... and naturally the instruction bear no resemblance to what I am looking at. I realize this is grist for another forum but I just want to let Mr. Capp know that I dislike being patted on the head and told to go play an "leave it to the experts." I am most unimpressed by what I am seeing of the experts and unfamiliarity with the UBB does not mean stupid or, for that matter computer illiterate. Not am I able to follow the link he provided as it requires license info which is unavailable to be due the the previous webmaster's death. As I mentioned in my first post. Doh.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hmmm, it looks like your Ultimate.cgi and forumdisplay.cgi do exist, did you upload them in ASCII mode (as opposed to binary)? Sorry if you already know, but binary will mess them up.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
hmmmm thats the old site but.... lets put it this way, i dont *think* so? I do know that and don't think I did it accidentally since the files on the *new* server are ok... but I can't absolutely rule it out.... would reloading cure that if so? I am sure I will eventually get license info from the company. I would rather spend the next couple of weeks testing on the new server rather than rushing into a switch cause the old site isnt working

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Please see my note in your other thread. I apologize if I came off in a less than satisfactory manner. Right now I do feel that this issue can be handled best through the ticket system, where an IP employee can ensure that there isn't some unknown damage to your board...

------------------
Charles Capps, Moderator, Post-Install Troubleshooting
PLEASE NOTE: Due to time limitations, I do not provide UBB support via email.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hello elinruby

I am quite sorry that you are unsatisfied with our support however after reading both threads here 4 times it seems to me as though Charles did absolutely the best he could do for you. As i said, I have read these threads 4 times and I still cannot figure out what you are trying to do or where. Which server? Which domain, which board?

Charles has asked you to refer to our trouble ticket system to leave it to the "experts", us because we have the time to sit with you and determine exactly what is the problem and fix it. Remember Charles is a volunteer here and is not a full time staff member. Issues which look as though they may take some time to decipher and settle are always passed to us. Always.

Now, since you have goen out of your way to berate Charles unnecessarily I am not going to ask him to continue. That is unfair to him. Instead I am going to insist that from this point you must use the ticket system.

Please follow the following steps:

1) Use this link to retireve your license information.

2) Use this link to submit a trouble repair ticket for the "old" board. It needs to be functioning before we can move it.

3) Use these instructions to move your board to the "new" server. Alternatively you could purchase a transfer. That would be at your option.

Either way, we need to have a lot less confusion going and deal with one server at a time, in order, if we are ever to fix you and get you going again.

Thank you.

------------------
Customer Support
Infopop Corp.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29