Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

I've recently taken over administration of our bulletin board since the previous admin quit the company. We installed a new web server running Win2k and I transfered the board over to the new system and followed the transfer directions but when I got to the step where I needed to update threads, I recieved:

This request does not match this Board's information. You will receive this message if you are trying to hack our forum. Your IP number (---.---.---.---) has been logged. Note:

You may also receive also receive this message if the Board was not fully updated after an upgrade or transfer. Contact the Board Admin.

I'm running version 5.47 and the board runs great. I can post, edit, delete, add members, etc. I just want to be able to upgrade to 6.0. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Redo the move - this time follow the instructions TO THE LETTER.

Install a UBB first. Then copy the data files. Do NOT overwrite the UltBB.setup flile!

The error you describe is caused by overwriting the UltBB.setup file. As a saftey measure, UBB5 refuses to allow submissions of configurations which don't match up correctly with what it knows.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks for replying.

I installed a fresh copy of the UBB 5.47 on another server and got it to work great. It updated Threads, registered new users, etc.
The instructions say to click on "First Time Install" when I first load the general settings page from the control panel but I never saw that. All I saw was something to the effect "You must configure your absolute paths." So I did and it all worked.

Then I copied my Members and Non-CGI forums folder from the previous server into the correct folders on the new server and did not overwrite the UltBB.setup file or any of the files in the CGI-BIN as you suggested. I accessed the board and it posted, registered, etc. Then I went to the control panel and the general settings had the absolute paths I configured but replaced everything below that with the info from the previous board which suprised me. I then went to update threads and I received the same error as in my first post.

The instructions in "Moving a Bulletin Board to a New Location" say to delete all of the files from the fresh install but leave the directories. That didn't work. It also mentioned installing "your own licensed version". I downloaded the ubb547e.zip from the Members Area, but is there a special file that I need that will include my license info?

Another document mentioned something about having trouble moving a broken BB. Perhaps this is the problem causing "This request does not match this Board's information..." since I cannot update the threads on that server.

Let me know what else I can check. Thank you.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hmm.. .something's not right here. Please open up a support ticket so we can look at the board. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29