Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello, I'm running UBB version 5.47e. I have a user that I really want ban for good, so I banned him by IP address (using the first three subsets of his address, since he's on dialup, and the last subset will change). That seemed to take care of him, but then I got an email or two from another user (who is on the banned person's ISP) stating that he was banned, so unfortunately, I had to unban that IP range (unless the person who emailed me was him in 'disguise', but I doubt it). Is there ANY way to maintain that banned IP range and have some sort of exception(s) to it, ie, to have that range banned UNLESS someone with a specified user name posts under it? That way, the legitimate user could post, and the person I want to be banned still would be. Anyway, thank you for your help.

Boss

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Nope, the banning in UBB is working the only way it can which is the downside of banning a range of IP's.

If the person comes back, ban him again via username, then turn on registration moderation and email verification which should block him/her from future attempts.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 963 guests, and 210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29