Thread Like Summary
Morgan
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Geoff
Geoff
I am not sure how it is suppose to function as I have always had to manually activate the subscription. Is the Paypall Subscription process suppose to auto update once the payment is made to our PayPall account? What am I doing wrong if it is not auto updating?
Attachments
Liked Replies
by isaac
isaac
I've spent several hours today (after my day job) writing the necessary code and updating the PayPal API to work as expected. Also added the upgrades for http/1.1 which PayPal will make mandatory come June 2018. In addition, did a few more updates to the subscription pages within the Control Panel to add some expected buttons and behaviors.

Unrelated, I updated much of the missing UBBCentral site secondary files from their 2009 versions, to the current style, and converted a lot of inlined html styling to css. This is keeping in line with the massive "house cleaning" of invalid html that was cleaned up September of last year.

Also working on Gravatars for improved anonymous posting, "sent mail" logging, and admin log filtering.

Giz has been working on code for updating the stored file size data of attached files listed within the database, and a few other related ubbt items.

So it's been quite busy on this side.

Thanks to everyone who has left feedback and upgrade reports. You guys are doing an awesome job!

-isaac

PS, don't feed Gizmo after midnight.
1 member likes this
by isaac
isaac
After a user finishes their transaction with Paypal, they should be returned back to your website. If they are not, their subscription status will remain as "Pending." The entire process needs to be complete, for the status to be updated.

UBBT subscription page @ your forum
v v v v
Paypal payment @ paypal dot com
v v v v
UBBT subscription confirmation @ your forum

If the user stops at the second step, or closes the browser window, or sits there and lets the Paypal page time-out, then they have never returned to your forum to send it a "success" update. And your forum still sees the process as "pending."
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 932 guests, and 203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29