Thread Like Summary
isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#263375 01/05/2020 6:22 PM
by Baldeagle
Baldeagle
I have a user who has reported something I've never seen before, and he's sent me the screenshots to prove it. He can respond (reply) to existing threads, but when he clicks on New Thread, he gets an error message that says "The selected forum has been removed from your list of Followed Forums. In a moment, you will be automatically returned to the forum." Then he's returned to the same forum. (I've attached the screenshot.)

I looked at his account, and his permissions appear to be normal. He's not following any forums but is following one thread in the same forum (The Engine Shop). I have not asked him to try creating a new thread in any other forums. I can do that, if necessary.

Obviously, this is a canned message from the software, so this is some sort of anticipated condition, but I'm completely unfamiliar with it. What would cause this?

The Stovebolt Geek
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

UBBThreads 7.7.3
Web Server Apache/2.4.41
PHP Version 7.2.23
MySQL Version 5.6.45
Database Size 2.06 GB
Attachments
Liked Replies
#263380 Jan 5th a 07:25 PM
by Baldeagle
Baldeagle
Damn, Isaac, I totally missed that. Here's what he wrote in the email that he sent me with the screenshots.

"The first pic is the screenshot of the Engine Shop forum. I click on the black new thread ribbon and I get the second screen. After a few seconds, I get sent back to the first screen."

I have now asked him to click on the New Thread link AND the ribbon and let me know what each one does. I've never clicked on the ribbon, so I had no idea what it does. I'm pretty sure we can mark this problem as solved now.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 919 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29