Thread Like Summary
Baldeagle, Gizmo, isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Baldeagle
Baldeagle
I just upgraded to 7.7.4 and today discovered that the Update General Settings button doesn't do anything. Is this a known problem? Or do I have some weird problem with my site?
Liked Replies
by Ruben
Ruben
I figured that out on my own.
The email address was surrounded by a red border and would not save while editing the html includes.
Once adding mailto: it all saved.
3 members like this
by isaac
isaac
When you attempt to press the "Update General Settings" button, review the page and see what the form error says. In a modern browser that supports html5 such as Chrome or Firefox, the error will display itself by highlighting the form field in red.

[Linked Image]

Correct your error, then you should be able to submit the page.
Attachments
1 member likes this
by Gizmo
Gizmo
I cannot replicate an error with the General Settings page submitting values on any of the v7.7.4 sites that I have access to.

Please attempt to submit the page then expand all of the sections on that page and look for an HTML5 error on that page; the page will not allow you to submit a page with an invalid value as of the v7.7.x series. Be sure that you expand _ALL_ sections on that page as any number of them could have the invalid value.

Example of errors attached; they will be subtle, but the page is not allowing you to submit because something on the page has an invalid value.
Attachments
1 member likes this
by isaac
isaac
if you do want to have separate email addresses for email that originates from your forum, and for your visitors to contact you directly at, you can do this by preceding your contact email address with "mailto:"

[Linked Image]
Attachments
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler), 615 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29