Thread Like Summary
isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#263846 05/18/2020 10:39 AM
by Morgan
Morgan
Hi

I just enabled reCAPTCHA for the "Users" group
On our forum everyone are enabled users but some are also enabled in some other groups

Premium member is subscribed for a year
Life Premium members are premium forever

Now everone is needed to use reCAPTCHA when they post however I'm thinking of that Premium member who actually paid a fee to get a few bonus features should not have to use reCAPTCHA. My questions to you are

1, Do you force everyone to use reCAPTCHA or just some?

2, a Premium member fall back to basic user level when the premium time is over, I wonder How I should set it up so that all who is more than a user don't have to be forced to use reCAPTCHA?

Are you following me in what I say?

Cheers
Liked Replies
#263851 May 18th a 05:49 PM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Captchas are generally for thwarting spam; why would you want to plague your users with captchas while they're logged in? For logged in users I'd simply use the "Min time between posts" forum permission to stop mass posts.

I only require captchas for forums that allow guests (unregistered users) to post; your users who validate emails should be seen as verified as not abusive (since you can submit to stop forum spam and ban if they become abusive).

Now, if I had a limited use group for new members (where new members are restricted from using several different features) I could use the recaptcha as a method of validating that they're not going to abuse utilizing those features in the future, then once they graduate after having 10-20 posts (via the post count groups) they'd be able to be a regular member and not have the captcha.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29