Thread Like Summary
Gizmo, isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by FREAK
FREAK
Several of my members have been complaining that when they try to log in, their password appears to have been reset as it no longer works. They get a temp password sent to them, log in, re-input their password they want but the same issue happens over and over daily.

At first I thought it may have been an issue with just one user but now several have come forward including a moderator.

I've gone in and became the user and changed the password myself and made a test post without fail but they report back they can't log in and then I send the temp password and the process goes into motion again.

Need some guidance and what should be taking place step by step.
Liked Replies
by isaac
isaac
Originally Posted by FREAK
At first I thought it may have been an issue with just one user but now several have come forward including a moderator.

Is it possible that you changed the Forum Security Key?
This is the unique key which is used for securing your forum.

Control Panel > Primary > Forum Security Key

If it is changed, then all user passwords will be invalid, and will require each user to reset their password.
The field must be populated. If left blank, a new key will be generated.
1 member likes this
by Gizmo
Gizmo
You might also want to suggest to the user to use the SHOW PASSWORD button while logging in (added in v774) so he can confirm that what is being sent to the login prompt is what he is expecting.

They should also check for the CAPS or NUM lock on their keyboards (they may be expecting something to be a certain way but it could be the opposite having caps lock on).
1 member likes this
by Ruben
Ruben
This must be a user issue.
Either he is doing it wrong or he is blocking cookies.
I have changed my password twice on your site as well as you have tested it with no issues.
I replied to that last user post that had issues.
1 member likes this
by Gizmo
Gizmo
If it was a problem with UBB.threads this would affect ALL user accounts, and not just a handful.

I suggest you have the user change the password to something you can test and ensure it still works for you while not working for them.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 639 guests, and 217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29