Thread Like Summary
isaac, Morgan
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Morgan
Morgan
Hi,
Tried to search but didn't find answer so my question is

What triggers a "Page view" to show?

I have a US professor that wrote about how he restored a 1928 Ariel motorcycle.
It has 2.000+ replies and 800.000+ views.
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/691207/1928-ariel-model-c#Post691207

He is now to start another project thread which also will be la long thread when finished.
He asks what affect the page views is it humans only with browsers or is it also bots? is there a good explanation that I can show him?

PS I also add a second question, If I decide to "MOVE" the above topic to another board, would it be any known possible trouble to do that?
I mean since it has 2.000+ replies and plenty of images attached?
Liked Replies
by Gizmo
Gizmo
A unique visit to a thread will trigger a hit to the ubbt_TOPIC_VIEWS (from anyone, a user, a bot, anything accessing the page), and once the update_views_counter trigger is run (clear cache, login, addpost) then it'll be added to the "TOPIC_VIEWS" count in the "ubbt_TOPICS" table for the topic.
1 member likes this
by isaac
isaac
it means they are at that login page. they have not logged in, but are at the page where logging in is usually performed. the login page link is displayed to any visitor who is not currently logged in. once the visitor actually logges in they will be displayed within the "Members" section with their account name. Until then, they are displayed within either the "Bots" or "Guests" sections.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29