Thread Like Summary
Gizmo
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by KirkW
KirkW
We are running UBBThreads version 7.7.4 on BlueHost. It's currently using PHP 5.6 but BlueHost will be dropping support for such an old version shortly. I understand UBBThreads 7.7.4 prefers to run on PHP 7.4. So here are the stupid/novice questions:

- Is there a guide for changing the PHP version on an existing forum? If so, where would I find it?
- Is the process as simple as closing the forum, selecting PHP 7.4 in cPanel, then re-opening the forum?
- Is this a one-way trip, or can we fall back to PHP 5.6 to keep the forum running, correct any errors, then try again?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Liked Replies
by isaac
isaac
as a current dev of ubbthreads, i will switch between php 7.1 and newer versions constantly, to test different features for any compatibility issues.

i also use bluehost to host a test forum and several of my live forums.

switching php version can be done on the fly with bluehost. no need to close your forum at all.

visit the multi-php option in your bluehost control panel and select to use their default php version, or anything from php 7.1 and newer.

the current public version of ubbthreads is 7.7.5 and does not support php 8. the developer version of ubbthreads (not yet released) supports php 8, and will be available for download soon in the ubbcentral members area.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29