Thread Like Summary
isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Baldeagle
Baldeagle
The owners are resistant to updating the code that they use for the column layout. I'm trying to convince them to change to modern layout using css and html. This is an example of one column that is currently on our board.

Code
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE BELOW */
$body = <<<EOF

<table width="210">
<td align="center">

<span style='font-size:12pt;font-family:"Arial"; color:#339900'><em>We are still asking:</em></span><br>

<span style='font-size:14pt;font-family:"Arial"; color:#6699FF'><b>What did you<br>get done on<br>your Bolt today<br>????</b></span></p><br>

<p><span style="font-size:11pt;font-family:'Arial';color:#6699FF" ;><em>The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:<br>
"Whatcha do on your Bolt<br>this weekend?"</em></span> <br>

After 52,094,057 views, 7409 replies over 186 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening!  And it's not just weekends anymore.</p>
    <br>

<p>  <span style='font-size:12pt;font-family:"Arial"; color:#339900'>Now with pictures<br>and No BOTS.</span></p>    <br>

<span style='font-size:12pt;font-family:"Arial"; color:#339900'>So ... </span>
    </p><br>

<p><span style='font-size:12pt;font-family:"Arial";color:#6699FF';><b><a href="https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1451709/re-what-did-you-get-done-on-your-bolt-today.html#Post1451709 target="_blank"> What did you get done on your Bolt today????</a></b></span></p>
<br>

</td>
</table>

EOF;
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE ABOVE */
I'd like to be able to recode this and test it without affecting the live board. I have a copy of the board here; Test board But it's connected to the database and any updates I made would affect the live board.

Is there a way to emulate the live board to test changes without affecting the live board? (And no, I don't want to setup a mirror database.)
Liked Replies
by Baldeagle
Baldeagle
Thanks. That means the tables they are using are superfluous.
1 member likes this
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Custom islands are stored as flat files and are not pushed to the database, look in cache_builders/custom
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 445 guests, and 142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29