UBBCentral

forum title bolded when unread in 7.5.x not in 7.6

Posted By: bakerzdosen

forum title bolded when unread in 7.5.x not in 7.6 - 10/16/17 03:33 PM

I've had a couple users mention that since our upgrade to 7.6 that forum titles used to be bolded on the first page when there were unread messages in that forum. Now, we're accomplishing roughly the same thing with the unread post count numbers listed next to the total post count, but, well, you guys know how any changes bring uproar...

So, is this even an option or available any more? I've looked through the general options as well as the individual styles and haven't found anything about this.

I'm OK with a simple "this was removed in 7.6" answer if that's the case - especially as that means I can stop looking for how to do it.
Posted By: isaac

Re: forum title bolded when unread in 7.5.x not in 7.6 - 10/16/17 04:37 PM

FOR THE FORUM LIST:
There is a NEW POST INDICATOR on the left side of each forum title that can be customized for "new posts" and "no new posts"
**These are the only icons used to indicate when new posts are in the forum group, or no new posts within the category list.
\images\general\ [IMAGE-SET-NAME] \newposts.gif
\images\general\ [IMAGE-SET-NAME] \nonewposts.gif

There is a feature to show "Show Total # of Unread Posts Per Forum" as (XX) next to the forum Thread count.
This feature can be enabled within Control Panel > General > Category & Forum Page Settings: Show Total # of Unread Posts Per Forum

It can be customized within the Style Editor (per each custom style) in the "Category/Forum Properties" group:
.newtotal, add:
font-weight:bold;
**This will control the display style only of the new item indicator on the CATEGORY/FORUM LIST.

---

FOR POST LISTS:
Similar to the setting above, there is one to indicate Unread Replies per post, within the POST LISTING.
Control Panel > General > Forum Display Settings group: Show Total # of Unread Replies in Topics
This is controlled by the same Style as previously mentioned.

Unlike the forum/category list, the post list items can be customized on a granular level through the style editor. The entire cell can customized (per each custom style) in the "Post List Properties" group:
.new-topicviews & .new-alt-topicviews, add
font-weight:bold;
**This will control the display style of new items cells on the POST LIST.
Posted By: bakerzdosen

Re: forum title bolded when unread in 7.5.x not in 7.6 - 10/17/17 02:02 PM

Fair enough. That works. Thanks.
© 2017 UBB.threads PHP Forum Software Community