UBBCentral

IPB Importer - Important!

Posted By: Pink Jazz

IPB Importer - Important! - 05/21/10 09:59 PM

There are now several importers for UBB.threads available, however, it seems that one important importer that we are missing is one for IPB. I personally think it is important that there should be an IPB importer, as it looks like IPB is about to become our new chief rival, considering the decline of vBulletin.

Are there any plans to introduce an IPB importer? If so, will it be released before or after UBB 8? I noticed that a YaBB importer has been released, however, an IPB importer is much more important IMO.
Posted By: Chosen

Re: IPB Importer - Important! - 05/22/10 12:33 PM

Jake is working on the IPB importer. It is almost finished and I think it will be released before UBB 8. I don't know the exact time-frame though. 8 seems like it has a long way to go since it hasn't gotten to beta yet, but the IPB importer was mostly working 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: Rick

Re: IPB Importer - Important! - 05/22/10 02:47 PM

The IPB importer is for their version 2 series and I imagine in will be finished pretty soon. Once Jake is done with that we'll probably get him back on version 8 to finish it up and then do more importers after that.
© 2017 UBB.threads PHP Forum Software Community