UBBCentral

Auto Prune Inactive Members

Posted By: TGCsanderson

Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/24/07 11:39 PM

Set a time span IE After 1 year of inactivity, 2 years activity.. set by the user in a pull down, the board automatically removes any accounts no longer needed or used.
Posted By: Gizmo

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 12:44 AM

You can use the member management page to select users who haven't logged in (or posted) in a specific timeframe then tell it to delete those users... so this ultimately already exists...
Posted By: SD

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 01:19 AM

...except for the 'auto' part wink

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 01:31 AM

'eh auto schmatto... lol... IMO, I'd never want something auto pruning anything, it may delete someone of value that i would want to keep around wink...
Posted By: Yarp™

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sirdude
...except for the 'auto' part wink

semi auto, you can save your search and reuse it smile

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 06:34 AM

I just want it to do it by itself. With a disclaimer when they join that 'blah' time of inactivity will auto 'unsubscribe' user. Not that it isn't fun to do it manually, I just think us americans need a few less buttons to push. =D

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 07:26 AM

:cough:lazy Americans:cough:

Your best bet here, to maximize your time at least, would be to hire a developer to create the feature for you (as I don't know if it'd be popular enough to warrant being put into the stock code)

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 03:16 PM

All you lazy american's out there who want this, chime in! XD
Posted By: ntdoc

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 08:01 PM

you could CRON a automated MySQL script to do it until (or if) such a time that the board software will support it in an automated fashion.
Posted By: Yarp™

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/25/07 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ntdoc
you could CRON a automated MySQL script to do it until (or if) such a time that the board software will support it in an automated fashion.

I am actually using an "unused" custom islands for one job I would normally do via cron and set it to generate even if not used in the portal.

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/26/07 03:48 AM

Well could even be done via PHP but I'm not sure the user knows enough PHP to do it.

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/26/07 04:35 AM

Me, nope. I don't.

Re: Auto Prune Inactive Members - 10/26/07 05:54 PM

Exactly... as I'm sure many Admins don't know how. Thus it would need to be part of UBB (if it's decided they want this feature as you've suggested)

Will have to wait and see for now.
© 2018 UBB.threads PHP Forum Software Community