UBBCentral
Are there any plans for UBB to allow new users to instead use their twitter/facebook logins rather than having to register as a new user. As time goes on we find more and more people a loathe to sign-up with yet another set of details to remember. The forum I run has a lot of more potential if I can allow Twitter uses to login with their Twitter details instead.
I've already implemented it in Java.

But it needs some customization, because ubb doesn't have APIs. (It seems v8 will have api , but maybe that's php-based , pity. Appeal again , we need HTTP-based APIs/Hooks)

Now , half of my new users are registered/imported and login through a "Facebook Login" button .

If someday ubb opens http-based API , I'd be glad to apply it and open it ... before I lose patience...

UBB evolves too slow...

Attached picture 39e101a210404b44b6fe34a.png
That would not interest me at all. I want some control over who registers and posts. If they want to participate on my site, they'll register. laugh
Originally Posted by SteveS
That would not interest me at all. I want some control over who registers and posts. If they want to participate on my site, they'll register. laugh
echo that!
Yee Gods - having any member of facebook/twitter post what they want?
No thanks.
I think it equates more to if you have a FB you can register through that, and login with that... I'm in the process of working with a client to do this through Gigya (which charges way too much imho)
Originally Posted by driv
Originally Posted by SteveS
echo that!
Yee Gods - having any member of facebook/twitter post what they want?
No thanks.

Of course not !
You can still control the register process.
Moderating all new registering request , or let them pass by default . That's configurable. (even judge by IP range)

And , you still get their email . In fact , they are truly a member in the forum , just their data (name/email/...) are 'imported' from facebook. (Because FB has already 'identified' their emails)

So that they don't need to remember another password (in this forum). They just need to click a 'facebook login' button to login.

I think most people now login FB much more than a ubb forum.
Hello,

what's the status on facebook login on ubb.threads today? i see the last post regarding this was in 2011.
I would like to have the option.

thanks
© 2019 UBB.threads PHP Forum Software Community