Posted By: Rick
Version 6.1 - September 23, 2002 - 10/06/2006 4:50 PM
6.1 is a major release that involves most files, adds increased functionality and major security fixes. Added to UBB.threads version 6.1 are:
- An important security fix that affects all versions of UBB.threads.
- The ability to back up your UBB.threads database from the admin panel.
- The ability for users to opt out of mass emails sent by the admins.
- Mass emails can now be sent in HTML or text instead of just text.
- Admins can use a custom database prefix so that they can run more than one board per database( new installs only).
- Admins can use a custom cookie prefix. Again this is so that more than one board can be run per domain.
- Admins can add more (or remove) graemlins via the admin panel.
- Admins can add more (or remove) message icons via the admin panel.
- Attachments now use a download script rather than direct linking to the attached file.
- There is now a counter to show how many times an attachment has been downloaded.
- Added a new time format option (HH:MM DD/MM/YYYY).
- Made all subject text boxes the same size.
- Made a change so the temporary password field is always cleared out on successful login.
- Added an image next to the subject of posts that are sticky. Thanks to Lisa_P for the image.