UBBCentral

[FIXED for 7.5.1] Back to 7.4.1

Posted By: Larry Miller

[FIXED for 7.5.1] Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 02:59 PM

For some reason I could not get 7.5 to change descending and ascending order to properly line up my posts. With approx 250 posts a day and keeping them visible for a year, it was impossible for users to find current threads and posts. restoring back to 7.4.1, but I am curious as why the problem...permissions were all good. The drop-down in forum settings would not record the changes after pressing submit and no error message was returned.
Posted By: M.Kel

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 03:09 PM

That's a bug as well.

UBB reserved only 3 bytes for storage of the asc/desc and desc doesn't fit in 3 bytes wink
A change of the datamodel fixes that.
There is loads of bugs in 7.5 and that pissis me off a little.
You buy a product and you can do the bugfixing yourself because the software has not been tested properly frown

Ron
Posted By: JAISP

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 03:11 PM

I always wait till the end of a version series to upgrade as by then most all of the bugs are worked out and the remaining bugs I can find time to fix my self.

If you read many of the post's after a new release and during beta testing you will get an idea as to do the upgrade or not right away. There appears to be several bugs in the new release.

*** Kind of wondering if Bill Gates crew helped on this version, LOL.
Posted By: Rick

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 03:29 PM

I'm working on a pretty immediate 7.5.1 update which we should have out shortly. Definitely wasn't a thoroughly tested release. While we do have a lot of beta testers, it seems we only had a couple active ones this go around.

I will probably be inviting some new blood to the beta tester group once we get close to the beta stage for 8.0.
Posted By: Rick

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 03:34 PM

As for the sort order bug. It can be fixed by running the following SQL command

alter table ubbt_FORUMS
change FORUM_SORT_DIR FORUM_SORT_DIR varchar(4)

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 03:43 PM

PM me with the requirements for a beta tester. I have tons of equipment I don't use anyways.
Posted By: Gizmo

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 08:24 PM

I think Glider has been hounding to be a beta tester for some time... He's got a decent sized forum and some decent hardware tongue

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 08:33 PM

LOL, yeah I didn't think me forum with a few hundred post's a day and a full rack of servers was quite enough to qualify but I asked anyway.
Posted By: Gizmo

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 09:18 PM

Lol I think you could do it no problem... You have different distro's installed on the different hardware? If so, prime candidate hehe...

I know what Glider is running since i helped him get the new hardware setup (for the most part) hehe

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/27/09 09:22 PM

Well, I'm running one I like a lot at the moment, getting ready to try another one I think I will like better, and was thinking of installing one from a company Ziffie just out right hates, lol. I think the feeling is mutual between their companies though.
Posted By: Ruben

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/28/09 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rick

I will probably be inviting some new blood to the beta tester group once we get close to the beta stage for 8.0.

Just as a suggestion when looking for additional beta testers.
Only a handful of people really use the subscription feature. I think one of them should be enlisted.
It is extremely difficult to test that feature unless you are actually using it.
Posted By: SD

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/28/09 04:27 PM

keep in mind that the paypal sandbox is a place where you can simulate payments, subscriptions, cancellations etc etc.. all for free..

so technically you don't need to have it 'live' on a site to test it with fake moohlah wink
Posted By: Ruben

Re: Back to 7.4.1 - 02/28/09 04:33 PM

I was not aware of the "Paypal Sandbox".
Is that like a kitty litter box? LOL
But I still think someone with a genuine interest in it working would be the best to enlist.
I see posts here that very few people can answer because they don't use the feature. Such as myself.
© 2018 UBB.threads PHP Forum Software Community