Print Thread
Hop To
A
A Offline
Forced classic to v7.1 threads import, because the new PHP broke php on classic 672. frown

Win2k3 server, MySQL latest, PHP latest.

I followed all of the instructions for Windows servers on permissions, although I must say they were extremely lacking, and read like a unix guy wrote them. smile
(there is no execute flag in windows, you have to use IIS admin to set that directory as executeable)

In any case, tables all setup ok...

But when I ran the classic import, I get a permission error writing to the image directory, where it appears to be grabbing my additionally added graemlins.

If I give IUSR full write access to the image dir and it's subs, the script completes just fine.

Do I need to leave this write permission in place? Or is this just required during the import of the gfx files?

------

Then.... after that screen goes by (with or without errors) it starts on the users, gets two done, and stalls on the 3rd.
No errors, just stops.

Open to ideas here... smile

Classic has been running here, for almost a decade now... (literally, it's so old, that it was shareware when I paid for it)

smile

But, it's running just fine, with no errors.
I can access the stalled user, through the CP.

Thanks!

...usin' da classic UBB, since the beginning of time.
wink
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The permission on the image folder will need to stay fully writeable if you want to be able to upload new graemlins/icons/etc via the control panel.

As for the user that it's stalling on. It's hard to say for sure. If you open the users file in the members directory with an editor is there anything out of the ordinary in it? When you say it stalls does it stop immediately or just sit there for awhile.

It could be that it's encountering an error but PHP isn't configured to show errors to the browser. You might check you php configuration and see if display_errors is turned off.

A
A Offline
It stops on the user, and says "Done" at the bottom of the browser. It's been sitting like that since my original post, and nothing has changed.

I turned on display errors just now, with no change.
(unless I need an IISReset to get it to reload the .ini? do I?)

The user loads up just fine... and I don't see anything "odd"... they are a very old user, with no recent posts in the last 3 years.
It will sound stupid... but he was a friend, that died, and we didn't have the heart to delete his account.
Andrew Chin
talons
2slow@rogers.com
http://
Write&22,24
does being a BUM count??
The Great White North
Retirement! I already have a Camry!

noform
Slowpoke,<br />The Black Plagued 91 AWD

yes

Eagle, Talon TSI AWD

http://

Andrew Bienhaus|^|00000010|^|04-10-2007
no
yes

yes
yes
yes
20020528|15|000045|000019|216.95.205.3

|no

0|0|0
0|^|MMM dd, yyyy|^|hh:mm a

wink
A
A Offline
and, to explain why I think the Classic data is stable... I mean that any rebuild I have ever run, has always run successfully.

at this instant, I am running a complete rebuild & reindex of anything and everything, that classic 672 will let you reindex. smile

(just in case)

Will dump tables and try again after that.

Oh, and can someone on your end, update the threads 7,1 install docs to reflect the comments so far? (IIS permissions errors, plus images dir permissions)

Thanks!

wink
A
A Offline
here's what I get, when I run it again and again...
Importing Adam Clay_dup14 - Adam Clay_dup14 (0) (Duplicate LoginName) (Duplicate DisplayName)
Importing Andrew Bienhaus_dup14 - Andrew Bienhaus_dup14 (1) (Duplicate LoginName) (Duplicate DisplayName)
Importing Andrew Chin - Andrew Chin (2)

And while I am typing... is that number in the (#) reflective of a new user number, or anything of the sort?

wink
A
A Offline
Given the inactivity level... is there any chance that there is some file it is looking for, in relation to the user, that a programmer assumed would always be there, since version X? (ie: the last 3 years)

wink
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You will need to do a restart on IIS when changing any of the php.ini settings. It sure sounds like it's coming across some sort of php error causing it to stop abruptly. You could also check your webserver error logs and see if it's logging any problems.

Yes, I can get the docs updated on the IIS permissions. Thanks for the info.

A
A Offline
Have someone who has used IIS write that section, please and thanks. wink

And... will get back to you later.
Rebuilding user subscritions to forums etc, takes a while, and I don't want to screw that up with an IISReset.

Last edited by Andrew Bienhaus; 04/10/2007 4:44 PM.

wink
A
A Offline
Ok, here's the skinny...

Importing Adam Clay_dup16 - Adam Clay_dup16 (0) (Duplicate LoginName) (Duplicate DisplayName)
Importing Andrew Bienhaus_dup16 - Andrew Bienhaus_dup16 (1) (Duplicate LoginName) (Duplicate DisplayName)

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\importers\classic_import.php on line 2176

Warning: html::include(languages/english/generic.php) [function.html-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1088

That's after turning on the error messages.

Note, my php is in c:\php and not the php5 it mentions here, but at the same time, I have never installed pear, nor was there mention of needing it?

Thanks!
Andrew

wink
A
A Offline
but there is a directory named pear at c:\php\pear with only one file in it...

wink
A
A Offline
and, is that user number referenced in the import, ever going to show up anywhere? (if so, I want to know so I can nuke the guy at #0)

wink
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ok, it's actually hiding the real error due to a bug in the importer. I just discovered this on an import I did today as well, and fixing up the importer now so it will show the real error. In the meantime, you can edit the libs/ubbthreads.inc.php file. Around line 804, you'll see a block of code that looks like this:

$smarty->assign("stylesheet",$stylesheet);
$smarty->assign("error",$error);
echo $smarty->fetch("not_right_bare.tpl");

Right after that, add this:

echo "THE ERROR IS:<br><br><b>$error</b><br><br>";

Once that's done then reload the page and you'll see the actual error in bold. A long way to go to get it, but once we get that, then we can see exactly what's going on.

Pear isn't actually needed, it's just referenced as it's in the current include path for PHP.

My first guess is that if you are running mysql 5, then it's currently running in strict mode and there is something about that user where it's trying to input a null value. If that ends up being the case, then you can quickly fix that by running the following SQL command:

SET GLOBAL SQL_MODE='';

A
A Offline
Importing Adam Clay_dup17 - Adam Clay_dup17 (0) (Duplicate LoginName) (Duplicate DisplayName)
Importing Andrew Bienhaus_dup17 - Andrew Bienhaus_dup17 (1) (Duplicate LoginName) (Duplicate DisplayName)

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\importers\classic_import.php on line 2176

Warning: html::include(languages/english/generic.php) [function.html-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1088
THE ERROR IS:

Script: C:\Inetpub\ca.dsm.org\forums\importers\classic_import.php
Line#: 517
SQL Error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'USER_REGISTERED_ON' at row 1
SQL Error #: 1366
Query: insert into ubbt_USERS (USER_LOGIN_NAME,USER_DISPLAY_NAME,USER_PASSWORD,USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL,USER_REGISTRATION_EMAIL,USER_REGISTRATION_IP,USER_IS_APPROVED,USER_REGISTERED_ON,USER_IS_BANNED,USER_IS_UNDERAGE) values ( 'Andrew Chin' , 'Andrew Chin' , 'taBVMAHxSptfc' , 'User' , '2slow@rogers.com' , '24.101.203.181' , 'yes' , '' , 0 , 0 )

is that what you expected?
should I do the sql thing? (looks like it)

wink
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Yep, that's it. If you run that SQL command it should let you do the importer. When I fix the bug with it hiding the error, I'll make some changes to the importer as well so it won't error out on conditions like this.

A
A Offline
It's running now...

Hope there is a log somewhere... saw one error message go by in the forums, something about "Can't import everything..."?

Any idea what that was? smile

wink
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I would recommend changing the password of the user whos profile you posted; as you posted their password as well.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
A Offline
thanks... isn't that the encrypted useless one though?

wink
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Passwords in UBB.Classic where plain text.

When you import to threads, the password is MD5ed, but it's still the same password...

So if someone knows the password that it was on UBB.C they will be able to login to UBB.T no problem (as threads compares the MD5 hashes when a login is requested).

Quite simply, the password in UBB.Threads is MD5ed as:
md5(talons);

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
A Offline
Ahhhhhh I see. smile

Will fix.
Thanks.

Question guys - how do I know, if the import completed successfully?
Is there a flag set somewhere?
Or can someone tell me what the last thing is that it does?

I left it running, and the freakin' murphy's law of microsoft updates kicked in last night and rebooted it at 3am, and I have no idea if the import finished or not... frown

Maybe an errorlog somewhere?

Last edited by Andrew Bienhaus; 04/11/2007 8:42 AM.

wink
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The last thing to import is private messages. In the control panel there is a database section that lets you see how many rows each table has. If you see that the ubbt_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_TOPICS has quite a few rows, then more than likely it finished.

A
A Offline
It does indeed, and I can see all my old PMs...

Checking database write time, it also looks like it did the last writes around 2:02am, just under an hour before the 3am standard reboot. wink

thanks....

wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 377 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29