C2G / Cables To Go 52194 KVM-Over-IP Switch
Why Choose Us
- Remote KVM access and control via LAN or Internet
- Manage servers remotely around the world
- Remote KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) access over IP or analogous telephone line (modem needed)
- USB Local Console interface
- Full control under any OS, in BIOS level, during boot-up, or in normal operating mode
The KVM-Over-IP Switch provides convenient, remote KVM access and control via LAN or Internet. It is installed on the Host side and transmits a Remote computer's control INPUT (mouse and keyboard) to the Host computer. It also captures, digitizes, and compresses the video of a Host computer and then transmits it to the Remote computer. The IP-KVM provides a non-intrusive solution for remote access and control all the way down to the BIOS level of the Host. The remote access and control software only runs on the device's embedded processors, not on mission-critical servers, so it does not interfere with server operations, or affect network performance. This means that administrators can securely gain BIOS-level access to remotely located computers for maintenance, support, failure recovery, and even remote wakeup over the Internet or LAN. All communications are secured by SSL authentication and encryption. This IP-KVM can be used in conjunction with a KVM Switch for remote access to multiple computers.