Dell PowerEdge R730xd 2U Server
In Good Condition, Full Working OrderNo Bezel Included
3 Years Warranty
- 1 x Dell PowerEdge R730xd2U Server
- 2 x Intel Xeon Eight-Core E5-2630v3 2.4Ghz CPU Processor
- 4 x 16GB DDR4 Ram (64GB Ram Total)
- 4 x 6TB 7.2k SAS 3.5" 6Gbps Dell Enterprise Class Hot-Swap Hard Drives
- x12 way Backplane for up to 12 x 3.5" SAS, SATA and SSD Hard Drives
- 1 xBroadcom 5720 1Gbps RJ45 Ethernet Quad-Port Network Daughter Card (4 x Ports)
- Dual Redundant Power Supply PSU
- 1 xPERC H730 Mini Mono RAID Controller with 1GB NV Cache
- iDRAC8 Enterprise
- 1 x Rails Included
Unified communications and collaboration
The PowerEdge R730xd with improved networking throughput and the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family delivers the performance necessary for yourSharePoint, Lync, Exchange and consolidated collaborationenvironments.
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxeswith 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response timeswith up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performancewith 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environmentsby directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
The latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support today’s diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- DDR4 RAMthat supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllerswith twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Manage your data center servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensure seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
Simplify administrationof PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
Lifecycle Controllerprovides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
Zero-touch automated deploymentdiscovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors. Administrators can simply rack, cable and walk away.
Automated server updatessynchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
Monitor and manage from anywhere
Administer systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphonewith the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stickto upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptopvia USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deployment
Streamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-basedserver and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deploymentwith an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablementwith support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Enabling the future-ready data center
Providing ample scale-out capacity with a versatile, multi-terabyte storage footprint, the R730xd delivers among the best cost-per-gigabyte performance in a 2U server. It also provides the availability and efficiency needed to power data centers yet to come, with features including:
- Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (22 cores max per CPU; 44 total max cores per server)
- 24 DIMM slots supporting up to 1.5TB of memory
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
- Fresh Air 2.0 configurations
We can supply this server with a different specification to suit your requirements; more or less memory, different or additional hard drives, additional network cards etc. Please contact us for a quoteVAT @ 20% INCLUDED IN PRICE - VAT INVOICE PROVIDED£1580 excluding VAT
VAT IS NOT PAYABLE BY PURCHASERS OUTSIDE THE European Union (EU) AND by purchasers in the EU (excluding UK) who are VAT registeredDELIVERY IS WITH UPS
CS See RJ -34