Commodore 64 C64 ‘Super Video’ AV Adapter with S-Video, Composite & 2ch Audio
For sale is this Commodore 64 & 128 ‘Super Video’ adapter.
Straight from the Retro Shopbox labs, we had a huge problem, trying to get a decent audio and video signal out of the Commodore 64 and 128 without using questionable cables! Our solution was to design and build our own adapter to try and get everything you could possibly want out of the 8 pin DIN from the C64 and C128 and then a little bit more.
This adapter features;
- Compatible with all 8 pin video Commodore 64, 128 and later C64C (white) computers.
- The CORRECT8 pin DIN to plug into the C64 or C128, this will fit perfectly unlike the asymetrical 8 pin DINs commonly found that‘kind of’ but‘kind of’ don’t fit.
- Composite Video output, the previous standard for any C64 or C128.
- Dual Mono audio output, you can now get sound to both of your stereo speakers.
- Switchable Stereo output. If you have installed a second SID in your C64 or C128, at a flick of a switch you can go from dual mono to full stereo by using pin 7 of the video AV interface of your C64 or C128 to connect the output of your second SID.
- S-Video output. Yes Chominance + Luminance output! Not only that…
- Trimpot Adjustable S-Video! Yes! At a flick of a switch you can go from direct S-Video to tweaking your S-Video to get the best possible picture with a trimpot adjustable S-Video output. The commonly accepted value is 300 ohms which every unit will be set to when leaving our Lab however you can set it anywhere from 0 ohm to 2K ohm. Test points on the board so you can precisely dial in the value.
- 7 Core heavy duty cable with full sheild. This is not your el cheapo solution, it is fully foil shielded cable to reduce interference as much as possible. The board end then has a strain relief design to keep the cable in place and evenly balance the load of each inner core. At 20 CM of length it’s long enough to give you some give and tuck it away if you wish.
- Laser cut acrylic covers, you can see all the cool bits inside and they’re still protected from any accidental shorts.
Without any physical modifications to your C64 or C128, this adapter will give you the best possible‘Plug in and go’ solution to your Commodore 64 or 128's AV port.
Please note that the very early Commodore 64 computers had a 5 pin AV port, this adapter is not compatible with the 5 pin port, only the 8 pin AV port.
Sale is for the adapter only, no software is included. These adapters are assembled at RetroShopBox headquarters and individually tested to ensure that the do function correctly.
Pictures are of the item for sale and the one you will receive.TERMS AND CONDITIONSOther than in the case of immediate payment, payment must be received within 4 days. If unable to do so, please contact us prior to purchasing to advise us of this as alternative arrangements can be made.
Please read listing carefully, refunds will not be issued for misreading or failing to read the full description. By purchasing this item, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of this listing, and fully understand the postage, payment and refund policies outlined.
POSTAGE AND DISPATCH POLICY
Any items purchased and paid for prior to 9AM Australian AEST (GMT +10:00) will be packed and dispatched the same day. Purchases after this cut-off will be dispatched the following day. No items are sent on weekends or public holidays. Purchases made on weekends or public holidays will be dispatched the following business day.
Estimated delivery dates stated above are set by and Australia Post. These serve as a guide only and are subject to many external factors including weather, postage volume, congestion of the Australia Post network and your location in proximity to the nearest Australia Post facility. If you require your item urgently we do offer Express Post for an additional charge during checkout, if unsure please contact us prior to purchase.
A NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA
All items for sale are located in Australia. We are not responsible for any customs or imports duties that you may incur. These are import duties enforced by the country you reside in and it is your responsibility to be aware of these charges. For example, if residing in the UNITED KINGDOMall purchases over the value of 15 Pounds will be subject to VAT and import handing charges prior to delivery or collection. Not all countries will be subject to import charges however we would like you to be mindful of this during the purchasing process to avoid delays or unexpected charges.
If an item is faulty (when advertised as working) or significantly not as described, you can contact us via with your concerns within the refund period specified in the listing. If deemed that it is in fact not as advertised, the item can be returned to us for a full refund excluding return postage costs. Refunds will be issued after the item has been returned in its original condition. Tampering with, opening, disassembling or any modifications to the item will void any refund.
_gsrx_vers_841 (GS 7.0.16 (841))