This item has been viewed 128279 times.
Ham It Up v1.3: RF Upconverter For SDR (HackRF, RTL-SDR); MF/HF Converter R820T2:
- Return Policy
- Shipping Policy
- Payment Policy
Ham It Up v1.3
1pc Ham It Up (Assembled)
HF reception, software defined radio
Now shipping v1.3! We believe this is the best SDR HF upconverter available. Here is why.
- Proudly designed, fabricated and assembled in the USA and Canada!
- Input, output and LO filters reconfigured for substantial sensitivity and selectivity improvements
- New ultra low-noise linear power regulator (LP5907), with voltage noise under 10 µVRMS!
- Optional battery-powered operation for DXing on the go! (easy-to-assemble AAA battery holder sold separately, or roll-your-own solution with the easily-accessible battery power input vias)
- New side-mount LED indicators, easily visible with or without an enclosure (Green = upconvert mode enabled; Yellow = USB powered; Red = low voltage). Enclosure sold separately
- Fully-assembled broadband RF noise source built-in (Note: SMA output jack excluded to comply with government regulations, but can be purchased separately). The noise source can be used in conjunction with your SDR to test and calibrate all sorts of RF devices
- u.FL socket (also known as IPX and UMCC) available for optional clock injection from an external clock source, should a higher-accuracy clock be desired
- 5 other u.FL socket mounting footprints for simplified testing, troubleshooting and demonstration purposes
- Additional mounting holes to facilitate custom installations
- Sturdy right-angle SMA connectors to improve spacing tolerances and ensure physical compatibility with our machined aluminum enclosures (enclosures sold separately)
- Redesigned for a surface-mount oscillator to eliminate potential oscillator-desocketing issues
- Multiple power options, including USB-B, external power, and AAA batteries (requires battery pack add-on, available toggle switch--less fiddling with small, delicate cables and connectors. Flick the switch and listen to VHF/UHF again!
- Female SMA connectors for both input and output, for a wide array of connectivity options
- In-line SMA connectors. Much easier to connect and manipulate than side-by-side SMA connectors
- Antenna protection on RF input--in-circuit in both enable and passthrough mode--to protect your Ham It Up & SDR from stray ESD
- Only ultra-low-noise components used in the signal path
- Ultra-high-Q, low ESR inductors and capacitors used for all filters
- All critical components sourced exclusively from North American parts distributors
- RF-suitable power supply regulation (LP5907)
- PTC fuse on USB power input to protect your Ham It Up upconverter from short circuits
- 125MHz oscillator for improved sensitivity (away from high-traffic RF zones, like broadcast FM)
- Stable <25ppm oscillator included
- LO disabled in passthrough mode
- A maximum input level of +1dBm with LO at +7dBm
- High-quality 2-layer PCB with ENIG finish
- Small, light-weight PCB (just 3.8" x 1.9")
- Designed to fit standard off-the-shelf Hammond enclosures
- 7 mounting holes for standard PC screws
- Designed and manufacturered in conjunction with Opendous Inc., an excellent open-hardware design company
- Full project documentation--schematics, PCB design files, assembly information--is freely available.
- A portion of the proceeds from your purchase will be used to support this and other open-hardware, open-source initiatives
- BONUS! We had space left on the PCB, so rather than waste it we have added a noise source circuit at no additional cost! We have even populated most of the components for you. We have the SMA connector required to complete this bonus noise source circuit available for a small additional fee. Details of the noise source circuit are available with the project documentation.
Before operating your unit for the first time, and every time you run with a new SDR, we recommend running the tuning procedure located here. It is not a mandatory procedure but may help fine-tune your, erm. tuning. The basic operational instructions follow.
- Connect your HF-suitable antenna to the RF input
- Connect your SDR to the IF output with an appropriate adapter or cable
- Ensure your toggle switch is in the enable position
- Plug your USB power source into the USB-B USB jack
- Fire up your favorite SDR software. Tune to 125MHz + your desired frequency and enjoy!
Why purchase from NooElec? Because we know software defined radio, and know it well. We support our products. We warranty our products. Perhaps most importantly, we understand our products. We are always glad to help customers who have technical questions.
Other Related Items:
SIM900/800F Quad-band GSM/GPRS Shield for Arduino UNO/MEGA/Leonardo
Raspberry Pi CNC Hat V2.60 - GRBL v1.1 Compatable - Uses Pololu Stepper Drivers
Ham It Up v1.3: RF Upconverter For SDR (HackRF, RTL-SDR); MF/HF Converter R820T2
LCDsysinfo for GOverlay v2.0 USB 3.5" TFT LCD Module gamer gadget external
Wavlink AC600 IP65 Outdoor Wireles Repeater,Wifi Signal Booster &Ranger Extender
Ham It Up: HF Upconverter For RTL-SDR RTL2832U R820T2; HackRF RF Up Converter US
Arduino UNO R3 Starter Kit K Compatible Microcontroller ATMEGA328P Breadboard US
FLIRC USB (2nd Gen) Dongle for Media Centre / Raspberry Pi / XBMC / Kodi
Car Home Audio Speaker Wire 14 Gauge Bulk Audio Speaker Cable Transparent 250 ft