- Our store
- Add to Favorite Sellers
The Evinrude/Johnson 2 cylinder inline, 3 cylinder inline, V4 and V6.
This specific marine engine manual is for the Evinrude/Johnson 48-235 hp Outboards, (Includes Sea Drives) spanning 1973-1990. This manual is 592 pages.Clymer marine repair manuals are the number one source for marine engine repair and service information. Each marine manual is written specifically for the do-it-yourselfer as well as the experienced mechanic. Owning a Clymer marine repair manual is an inexpensive way to keep your boat engine running properly.Each marine manual provides step-by-step instructions based on the complete disassembly of the engine. It is this level of detail, along with hundreds of photos and illustrations, that guide the reader through each service and repair procedure.Clymer marine repair manuals are the most user-friendly repair manuals available today. Each manual includes:
- Handy thumb-tabs that put the chapter you need right at your fingertips.
- Detailed sub steps that expand on repair procedure information.
- Notes, cautions and warnings throughout each chapter that pinpoint critical information.
- Numbered instructions that guide you through every repair procedure step by step.
- Bold figure numbers that help you quickly match illustrations with instructions.
- Detailed illustrations, drawings and photos that guide you through every procedure.
- Enlarged insets that help you identify and examine parts in higher detail.
- Numbered table of contents that’s easy to use so you can find the information you need fast.
- Detailed wiring diagrams (color on select titles) for ease of use in troubleshooting and electrical service procedures.Written and edited by industry experts, every marine manual provides reliable step-by-step technical information in a wide variety of industries. If you are involved in the repair and service of marine engines a Clymer marine manual is an essential tool that you should be using.
Inside you'll find:
Quick Reference Data
Frequently needed specifications on specially marked pages
Manual organization, lubricant types, corrosion prevention and propeller design
Tools and Techniques
Common tools, test equipment, shop safety and mechanics tips.
Easy to follow text and charts guide you from symptoms to solutions
Lubrication, Maintenance & Tune-Up
All the tasks required for safety and top performance
Engine Synchronization and Linkage Adjustments
Complete procedures and specifications for matching ignition and carburetor operation
Fuel pump overhaul; carburetor overhaul and adjustment; fuel tank and line service
Ignition and Electrical Systems
Testing, adjustment and replacement procedures for starting, charging, and ignition systems
Complete engine overhaul procedures
Water pump overhaul; hydro-mechanical and mechanical gearcase overhaul; pressure and vacuum testing
Power Trim and Tilt Systems
Internal and external trim and tilt system troubleshooting and parts replacement
Oil Injection Systems
Complete testing and replacement for Economizer and Variable Ratio Oiling (VRO) systems
Complete service and troubleshooting procedures
Reference and cross-reference to all major sections of this manual
Complete schematics for all models
MODELS COVERED 2 cylinder inline 3 cylinder inline V4 V6
Poly Wobble Roller Kit
Poly vinyl amber rollers are long lasting, will absorb shock, are cut resistant and will not mark or mar your boat
Shrinkfast 998 Heat Gun
Light weight and comfortable to use. The 998 features wide even heat pattern, making shrinkwrapping easier
DIY Winterizing Kit
Save time and money by winterizing your boat right on the trailer. Includes easy, step-by-step instructions
Doug Russell Marine was founded in 1956 and is located west of Boston in Worcester, Massachusetts
Under the same ownership for over 60 years, we have continued to provide the finest products and service in the industry. Doug Russell Marine maintains one of the most extensive parts department in the world with more than 100,000 parts, and over 1,000 sterndrives and engines in stock! With such names as Mercruiser, Volvo Penta, OMC, Johnson/Evinrude, and Yamaha Outboards, we have come to be known around the globe for sterndrive and engine repower. We are also pleased to offer Sea Doo Personal Watercraft, Avalon Pontoon Boats, along with Karavan and Venture Trailers. Backed by these brand names and over 60 years experience, we continue to offer the best brands in the business.
Over the years we have acquired the knowledge, experience and inventory second to none. Our profound buying power gives us the ability to offer the best prices in the industry. Nobody comes close. Our factory trained technicians and dedicated sales staff are passionate about their work. We pride ourselves in taking the time to work with each individual, to ensure you are properly matched within your budget and technical needs. Not only will you get the best possible price, but you will also have exceptional service & consultation before, during and after the sale.
Copyright © 1998-2018 Doug Russell, Inc. All rights reserved.