- Our store
- Add to Favorite Sellers
The Evinrude/Johnson 2-40 HP outboard & electric motors.
This specific marine engine manual is for the Evinrude/Johnson 2-40 hp Outboards, (Includes Electric Motors) spanning 1973-1990. You can see the specific horsepower models covered listed below. This manual is 432 pages.Clymer marine repair manuals are the number one source for marine engine repair and service information. Each marine manual is written specifically for the do-it-yourselfer as well as the experienced mechanic. Owning a Clymer marine repair manual is an inexpensive way to keep your boat engine running properly.Each marine manual provides step-by-step instructions based on the complete disassembly of the engine. It is this level of detail, along with hundreds of photos and illustrations, that guide the reader through each service and repair procedure.Clymer marine repair manuals are the most user-friendly repair manuals available today. Each manual includes:
- Handy thumb-tabs that put the chapter you need right at your fingertips.
- Detailed sub steps that expand on repair procedure information.
- Notes, cautions and warnings throughout each chapter that pinpoint critical information.
- Numbered instructions that guide you through every repair procedure step by step.
- Bold figure numbers that help you quickly match illustrations with instructions.
- Detailed illustrations, drawings and photos that guide you through every procedure.
- Enlarged insets that help you identify and examine parts in higher detail.
- Numbered table of contents that’s easy to use so you can find the information you need fast.
- Detailed wiring diagrams (color on select titles) for ease of use in troubleshooting and electrical service procedures.Written and edited by industry experts, every marine manual provides reliable step-by-step technical information in a wide variety of industries. If you are involved in the repair and service of marine engines a Clymer marine manual is an essential tool that you should be using.
Inside you'll find:
Quick Reference Data
All the most frequently used specifications on specially marked pages
Manual organization, lubricant types, corrosion prevention and propeller design
Tools and Techniques
Common tools, test equipment, shop safety and mechanics tips.
Easy to follow text and charts guide you from symptoms to solutions
Lubrication, Maintenance & Tune-Up
All the tasks required for safety and top performance
Engine Synchronization and Linkage Adjustments
Complete procedures and specifications for matching ignition and throttle operation
Fuel pump overhaul; carburetor overhaul and adjustment; fuel tank and line service
Testing, adjustment and replacement procedures for starting, charging, magneto ignition and CDI systems
Complete overhaul procedures for your engine
Water pump overhaul; gearcase overhaul for all gasoline powered models; pressure and vacuum testing; shift linkage adjustment
Automatic Rewind Starters
Rewind starter overhaul for engine cover, swing arm, flywheel and side-mount models; rope replacement
Lubrication and maintenance procedures; electrical troubleshooting, testing and replacement; lower unit overhaul
Reference and cross-reference to all major sections of this manual
Complete schematics for all models
MODELS COVERED 2 hp Ultra 4 7.5 hp 18 hp 35 hp 2.5 hp 4 hp Deluxe 8 hp 20 hp 40 hp 3 hp 4.5 hp 9.5 hp 25 hp Electrics 4 hp 5 hp 9.9 hp 28 hp Excel 4 6 hp 15 hp 30 hp
Copyright © 1998-2018 Doug Russell, Inc. All rights reserved.