If you purchase software on please make sure that it is not open-source freeware. These freeware programs are usually outdated and can also be harmful to your computer or vehicle. Please ensure any software you purchase requires an activation key, if it doesn't this usually means it is freeware and can be downloaded for free.
AutoScan by Autosafe Diagnostics requires an activation key from us and we offer free updates so you always have the most up-to-date version available.
AutoScan EOBD/OBD2 Engine Diagnostic Software:
- Diagnose/reset manufacturer-specific and generic engine management, transmission and gearbox faults/dashboard warning lights
- Read live data from over 90 sensors across your vehicles engine
- Fully compatible with all European petrol vehicles manufactured post 2001, diesel vehicles manufactured post 2004 and non-European vehicles manufactured post 1996
- Largest fault code database on the market
- Fully compatible with all Windows operating systems – XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 ready
- Compatible with MAC and Linux – please check our other listings
- FREE lifetime updates, ensuring that you always have the most up-to-date diagnostic software on the market.
- Full phone support, email, Skype and remote assistance
- Video demonstrations/support
- Same day delivery (Please allow up to 24 hours during busy periods at weekends)
- Full version of AutoScan software with an activation key
- Used by garages, DIY mechanics and novices alike
- Save £££'s on garage costs
Autosafe Diagnostics are based in the UK and have been supplying automotive diagnostic software worldwide for over 8 years.
Full support is offered by us and also directly from Autosafe Diagnostics via messages, telephone, email, Skype and remote assistance.
AutoScan is regularly updated and includes FREE lifetime updates.
AutoScan is used by garages, DIY and professional mechanics, people with no mechanical knowledge that want to save money on garage costs and anyone that maintains their own vehicles.
AutoScan and the activation key will be emailed to you on the day of purchase. (Please note that this can take up to 24 hours during busy periods).
Please make sure that you are aware that the software will be emailed to you.
Please check your messages and email address that is registered with your account for the software and activation key.
AutoScan Diagnostic Features:
AutoScan installs on your PC/laptop and connects to your vehicle via a USB OBD2 lead. AutoScan will scan for a fault code and give you a description of the fault. Both stored and pending fault codes will be displayed. After the fault has been diagnosed and repaired, you can reset the fault code along with the dashboard warning light.
AutoScan has the largest database of fault codes on the market and the FREE updates always ensure it has the most up-to-date database.
Stored fault codes are codes that have turned on a dashboard warning light.
Pending codes have not yet turned on a dashboard warning light. The vehicles continuous-monitor system is always monitoring diagnostic information from the vehicle. When the system deems certain parameters are out with their safe zones, a pending code will appear.
View Freeze-Frame Data from the Moment a Fault Occurred
AutoScanwill store freeze-frame information on the vehicle being diagnosed. The data shows all the diagnostic information from a vehicle the moment a fault occurred.
AutoScan can retrieve up to 90 pieces of live data from sensors your vehicle.
These include actual vehicle speed and RPM, emission data, fuel status, misfire information, O2 (Oxygen) values, timing values, CAT temperature, battery values, alternator status, and much more.
AutoScan saves a log file. This log file contains all the information on the vehicle, live data parameters every few m/s seconds apart, and all diagnostic information. This is useful for your own records, or to hand over to anyone that may be carrying out any further work on the vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What about connecting my laptop to my vehicle?
A: We can supply you with a universal USB lead that connects to all vehicles. Please get in touch!
Q: What if I find it difficult to use AutoScan?
A: AutoScan is very easy to use. We offer full support with AutoScan and Autosafe Diagnostics have many tutorial videos to make things even easier.
Q: When will I get AutoScan software?
A: You will receive AutoScan within a few hours of purchase normally. Please allow up to 24 hours during busy periods.
Q: Can I get AutoScan on CD?
A: Please contact us if you wish to purchase AutoScan on CD.
Q: What operating systems are compatible with AutoScan?
A: This listings is for the Windows version of AutoScan.