Where UBB.threads came from
UBB.threads (formerly WWWThreads) is an Internet forum software package originally written by Rick Baker. Written with PHP using a MySQL database back-end.
WWWThreads was originally written in Perl starting in 1997, then a PHP version was made in 2000. WWWThreads was notable for being one of the first forum software packages to support both flat and threaded discussion modes. In 2001, WWWThreads was acquired by Infopop Corporation (later known as Groupee, Inc. and now known as Social Strata), owners of the Ultimate Bulletin Board software. It was consequently renamed UBB.threads. After WWWThreads' acquisition by Infopop, the Perl version of WWWThreads was discontinued in favor of the Perl based forum UBB.classic. The last Perl version of WWWThreads was version 5.4.3. All subsequent versions of UBB.threads starting with version 5.5 were released in PHP only. UBB.threads 6.0 was released in the spring of 2002.
On January 1, 2010, UBB.threads was spun off from Social Strata, and sold back to Rick Baker of Mindraven, Inc. However, in June 2011, UBB.threads was sold to UBB Systems, LLC.
- UBB.threads was created by Rick Baker in 1997 as WWWThreads.
- In 2001 Infopop (now Social Strata) acquired WWWThreads and renamed it UBB.threads.
- On January 1, 2010 UBB.threads was sold back to Rick Baker of Mindraven, Inc.
- June 2011, UBB.threads was sold to UBB Systems, LLC., who is now the current owner and software distributor.
Notable people that made the entire package possible
in alphabetical order:
- Allen Ayres (Allen/AA), UBB.Dev Developer, Original UBBDev.com Owner
- Brett Pavioni (Brett), UBB.Dev Developer
- Brooks Weisblat (Brooks/UBB Systems), UBB.threads Owner (June 2011 to current)
- Charles Capps (CC), UBB.classic Developer, Early UBB.threads Developer
- David Dreezer (Navaho), VP Social Strata; UBB Project Manager
- David Hale (SirDude/SD), Hired UBB.threads Developer (7.5.7 and 7.5.8)
- Ian Spence (Ian Spence), UBB.threads Developer
- Isaac DeCoursey (isaac/id242), UBB.threads Developer (all versions 7.5.9 to 7.7.5)
- James Corthell (Gizmo/Gremelin), UBB.threads Developer (all versions 7.5.9 to 7.7.5), UBBWiki.com & UBBDev.com Owner
- Joshua Pettit (JostPet), Secondary founder of UBBDev.com
- Rick Baker (Rick), WWWThreads & UBB.threads Original Developer, Owner (1997 to June 2011)
- Ted O'Neill (Ted), Social Strata CEO, UBB.classic Original Developer
For their dedicated work on UBB.threads all versions 7.5.9 to 7.7.5, UBB Systems (ubbcentral.com) would like to thank the following persons:
A special thanks also goes out to the team at UBB.Developers Network and everyone else who has contributed to UBB.threads by submiting bug reports and their code snippets.