Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT Mode for ZFS FreeNAS unRAID
Listed for sale are what were originally Dell H310 RAID SAS controller cards that I modified for use with ZFS. They have been cross-flashed to Avago / LSI 9211-8i IT (Initiator Target) firmware version P20 (specifically 20.00.07.00). I also flashed the LSI/Avago MPTSAS2 BIOS ROM version 07.39.02.00 and UEFI 07.27.01.01 so that it is easier to access the controller's ROM without booting an OS. In addition, I replaced the full profile PCI bracket with a ventilated one to improve airflow over the heatsink.
This is a full / standard profile card.
- LSI Avago IT mode firmware version P20 (20.00.07.00)
- MPTSAS2 BIOS ROM flashed version 07.39.02.00
- MPTSAS2 UEFI ROM flashed version 07.27.01.01
- Original SAS address preserved
- Ventilated PCI bracket
These are based on the LSI SAS2008 SAS controller chipset and support PCI-E 2.0 specifications with x8 lanes. The controller has 2 SFF-8087 connectors, each carrying 4 SAS lanes. You will need a compatible cable to connect these to your hard drives or a backplane.
These cards are fully tested in my Supermicro server running ZFS on Linux (ZoL), but this setup is also ideal for other ZFS setups, FreeNAS, unRAID, Proxmox VE, etc. I have fully tested them using all 8 SAS lanes.
Not exactly the HBA / IT mode adapter you were looking for? Check out the HBA section at my store here.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Why buy from the Art of Server?
- I can provide technical support if you have problems
- I'm aware of counterfeit products on the market, and I make every effort to ensure that what I sell are not counterfeit.
- I ship fast, usually same or next business day!
- I have a YouTube channel with many helpful videos. Look for "Art of Server" on YouTube. (sorry, I can't link per policy)
- I fully test the HBAs I sell. See my testing process on YouTube.
- I clean the server components I sell. You will not receive something covered in dust, or have unwanted stickers/labels, etc.
- I ship electronic parts in proper anti-static bags (not the pink stuff) with bubble wrap or foam protection where needed.
- I am a server enthusiast and IT professional that has worked with many brands of servers and have also built custom servers, not just someone selling computer parts. I love what I do! :-)
- I've used ZFS for many years. I'm familiar with ZFS on Linux, FreeNAS, and many of the technologies commonly used by other enthusiasts.
- I love cats. How can you deny my cute, cuddly charm?
Who is the Art of Server?
I'm a cat lover and a server enthusiast. I've operated my own rack of servers at home for almost 20 years. I've helped many friends and strangers with their servers. So, one day, I thought why not offer pre-flashed IT mode / HBA SAS controllers on to help others with their server build? Since then, I've also added other "interesting" items to my store that I think other server/computer enthusiasts would like. Oh, and I love cats. :-)