Thanks.

The MySQL was the easy part, just needed to know which version.

PHP was a little harder, a simple statement in the W2K server docs saying which lines to uncomment and settings to use would have helped.

It turned out to be a small fix, but you have to know what to change.

For phpMyAdmin, never did get that working, I used the MySQL GUIs to set everything up (database & user).

Once I did the install it worked just fine.

Oh, for PHP, for anyone else with these problems:

1) Download the zip package and the installer.
2) Unzip the package into c:\php and set this directory in your path variables.
3) Run the installer and it will take care of all the mundane stuff.
4) Go into the php.ini file (placed in your windows directory) and go to the extension_dir setting and change "./" to "C:\PHP\ext" (if you did step one that is where the extensions are) and then go down to the extension = php_mysql.dll line and remove the semi colon.

I think that is the extent of what you have to do with php, I'm not sure, I had to mess with it for a few hours today, but again, I think that is the extent of it. This is with PHP 5.

Fred