Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: Active links corrupts image links/urls Gizmo Yesterday at 11:24 PM
This is by design, all input fields are run through PHP's trim function; all trimming functions are used to remove any whitespace (empty space such as a space, tab, new line, carriage return, nul-byte, vertical tab) from the starting and end of any text entry boxes.
4 17 Read More
Feedback & Suggestions Jump to new posts
Return to Page Abbott 02/20/2021 2:57 PM
If unread threads in a forum exceed one page and the threads are sorted most recent on top, reading posts is tedious.

I read the oldest of the “new post” threads first working my way up the list to the thread with most recent post. If I use “Hop To” or click one level up in the bread crumb path it always returns you to page 1 of threads. The browser back button will bring you back to the page where you started but the thread will not be marked as being read.

Clicking “Next Thread” will mark the thread as read and move to the next new thread but when you read posts in the last (top) thread in the forum the “Next Thread” drops you into another forum without any notice.

Making a post in a thread also puts you back on page one. If you have a very active thread that has not been visited in awhile the oldest thread with a new post may be on page 10 but the pages link may only go as far as page 3 e.g.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 … 24 25

You have to use go to page drop down in order to get back to page 10 to read the next post. You have to remember the page you were on then there are extra clicks and keystrokes. If you are using Next Thread and make post reply you don’t know which page of the thread you were on.

It would improve usability when returning to the thread list you landed on the same page you were on at the start.Similarly when making a post it would be smoother to return to the same page of the thread where you started your reply.

It is not a bug but just an aggravation factor.

Abbott
0 41 Read More
Importer Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: Importers folder? Ruben 02/19/2021 6:20 PM
You will need to contact the vendor.
As Gizmo stated these forums are for user to user support.
So the vendor will never know of your request for a refund unless they happen to visit this post.

To open a support ticket goto:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/tickets/members.php
23 132 Read More
Version 7 Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: Empty Replies and Quotes... Ruben 02/16/2021 9:19 PM
Congratulations I see you finally got your forum up and running as well as upgraded to the latest version UBB 7.7.5 and changed your php to 7.4 which is supported now! thumbsup
A lot of changes and enhancements have happened since the version you had so feel free to ask questions.
14 464 Read More
Feedback & Suggestions Jump to new posts
PM Next and Prior Abbott 02/15/2021 9:37 PM
I often read a PM reply (or not) and move to the next or go to normal forums. I tend not to delete the PM conversations when they are fresh because there might be a lagging reply or the subject might be important to archive -- at least for awhile.

When PMs approach the quota it is time to clean house but scattered along the timeline are PM's I want to save and others that can be deleted.

I may be blind but when reading a PM conversation there does not appear to be a way to go to the next or prior conversation. Along those same lines when deleting a conversation it would be great if there was an option to display the next conversation instead of dumping you back to page 1 of the PM listing.

With these capabilities it would be quick work to review the PM conversations and move to the next if you do not want to delete it. Or if you did delete it you could also move to the next.

If deleting a PM conversation using the checkbox and Delete Selected on the PM list page the program always drops you back to page 1. It would be really nice to drop you back to the page of listings you were on.

Abbott
0 98 Read More
Version 7 Assistance Jump to new posts
Re: Transition Your Forum From HTTP to HTTPS Morgan 02/03/2021 7:12 AM
Transition is done, knock on wood it works. No error so far.
Have opened the forum.
Thanks for your assistance!
53 27,248 Read More
How Do I? Jump to new posts
Re: Custom Island between Post 1 and 2 Not Showing? BellaOnline 01/27/2021 2:36 AM
That did the trick! Thank you so, so much. You just saved me days of tedious work smile.

I hope you're staying safe and healthy!
10 696 Read More
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Active links corrupts image links/urls
by Morgan - 02/24/2021 1:03 PM
Return to Page
by Abbott - 02/20/2021 9:57 AM
Importers folder?
by DaveZ - 02/18/2021 11:31 AM
PM Next and Prior
by Abbott - 02/15/2021 4:37 PM
Custom Island between Post 1 and 2 Not Showing?
by BellaOnline - 01/26/2021 7:36 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wayne Harris, Outdoorking, Gizmo, Morgan), 42 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
gallery test
gallery test
by Mors, September 23
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30