Features
Documentation
Pricing & Order
Members Area
Support Options
UBBDev.com
UBBWiki.com
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DLWebmaestro), 63 guests, and 207 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
isaac 42
M4TT 25
Ruben 24
Gizmo 17
Morgan 13
Latest Photos
Big stuff
Test
Testing to drag photos
Comfortable Cats
Test
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Assistance (How Do I?)
11 hours ago
That's very interesting! I'll have a look. Thanks
2 11 Read More
03/22/19 10:46 AM
Thanks both for the replies - good to still see old faces here smile

Past lessons long ago have taught me to take a backup and a backup of the backup smile
3 60 Read More
Bug Reports
03/19/19 09:36 PM
As the developers of UBB.threads, we assume that you have a working web server, capable of hosting PHP scripts with the path_info variable readily available to the system; the configuration of your web server to get to that point is outside of the scope of support for these user to user forums. Any support provided by the userbase is at their discretion and is not provided by the vendor.

I can say that the Smarty templating engine is quite fickle when it comes to permissions; I'd use the permission checker in the CP to check your files, and manually ensure your sessions/ and templates/compile/ folders are chmodded 777 (full read/write).
7 1,211 Read More
Non Bugs
03/18/19 06:22 PM
Never heard back from the OP if this is resolved or not.
13 856 Read More
How do I?
03/18/19 06:19 PM
Missed the f12 thing.
I have always used f5 or ctrl+f5 myself
10 245 Read More
Bug Reports
03/17/19 04:12 AM
Yes, thanks lol! thumbsup
3 87 Read More
Feedback & Suggestions
03/17/19 01:12 AM
Hi guys,

When a user uploads an avatar, I've noticed that they now all appear square in posts, regardless of setting the Membership > Profile Settings > Avatar Image Max Height with more length (I have it set at 280 pixels).

Can we support portrait avatars, if author content is on the side when in desktop/tablet mode? I understand that if it's viewed from a phone, it prevents the image from going over, because author content ends up at the top rather than the side. As for non-users and users not using avatars, the square is perfectly fine. smile

I see that the Member Spotlight and Profile displays portrait avatars no problem...
0 72 Read More
Admin Zone
03/15/19 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gizmo
The permission system in UBB.threads is one of the most granular of any forum title available; an admin can customize each forum down to some really fine grained options which other products just don't allow.

This can be daunting to some admins, which is why the forum template and copy permissions options were instituted; but it's not like someone is in there on a constant basis adding new forums and categories.

We will not be "streamlining" this process, ever, as it'd remove these options. The forum template and copy permissions options already trim time when creating new forums and categories, by allowing you to set a common set of permissions so you don't have to customize them every time you want to create a new forum.

We will not be "streamlining" this process, ever, as it'd remove these options.

Well let me know when you do and I will use UBB...
8 155 Read More
03/15/19 10:04 PM
Isaac, thanks again.

I'll point him at UBBT77.zip and the thread on how to do it.

Sometimes board owners are hard work facepalm

I assume he will have to apply your previous recommendation to both styles

1) Go to Control Panel > Styles
2) Find the forum style you'd like to update, and click its name.
3) Navigate to Forum Properties > .forum-input
4) add to the bottom of that list, "font-family:Courier New;"
Click on "Update or Add Style" button at the bottom.
6 113 Read More
03/15/19 09:36 PM
Okay, because every time I do a forum search, it highlights the keyword searched on every post and the highlights literally save everywhere.

For example, I search "Patch Notes" and any posts that have that phrase is highlighted permanently, even when I leave the search query.
25 448 Read More
How do I?
03/13/19 11:30 PM
Thanks for the followup. thumbsup

Happy to hear it all got worked out for you guys

cheers!
16 1,523 Read More
How do I?
03/12/19 08:57 PM
I agree! I've only applied the sounds to a few hyperlinks as to test and see how the users feel about it. I'm thinking by default, there will be no sound effects, but the sounds can be turned on with an option to do so... Thanks for the advice and tips Gizmo!
3 133 Read More
How do I?
03/10/19 10:37 PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to add a modification called CSS Scanlines for the background image of the site only (eventually I'd like to figure out how this image can change each time the page is refreshed or loaded).

I cleaned up the unnecessary stuff to focus on only applying it for the background image (this image).

HTML cleanup of scanlines index.html file:
HTML
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en" >

<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <title>CSS Scanlines</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/normalize/5.0.0/normalize.min.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css">

</head>

<body>

<!-- SCANLINES BOX -->

<ul class="scanlines">

<!-- IMG -->
    <li id="jpg"><div class="jpg"></div></li>
    </li>

</ul>
  <script src='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js'></script>

<script src="js/index.js"></script>

</body>

</html>

CSS cleanup of /css/style.css file:
Code
/* LIST OF FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS */
/*
currently working on :
calculation draft for keyframes steps

$scan-moving-duration: 3s;
$scan-moving-delay: 7s;

total time = 10s (duration + delay)
keyframes :
    0%: wait
    15%: start moving
    85%: end moving & start waiting
    100% : wait

(the rest later)

*/
/* REGULAR SCANLINES SETTINGS */
/* MOVING SCANLINE SETTINGS */
/* MIXINS */
/* CSS .scanlines CLASS */
.scanlines {
  position: relative;
  overflow: hidden;
}
.scanlines:before, .scanlines:after {
  display: block;
  pointer-events: none;
  content: '';
  position: absolute;
}
.scanlines:before {
  width: 100%;
  height: 2px;
  z-index: 2147483649;
  background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
  opacity: 0.75;
  -webkit-animation: scanline 6s linear infinite;
          animation: scanline 6s linear infinite;
}
.scanlines:after {
  top: 0;
  right: 0;
  bottom: 0;
  left: 0;
  z-index: 2147483648;
  background: linear-gradient(to bottom, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3) 51%);
  background-size: 100% 4px;
  -webkit-animation: scanlines 1s steps(60) infinite;
          animation: scanlines 1s steps(60) infinite;
}

/* ANIMATE UNIQUE SCANLINE */
@-webkit-keyframes scanline {
  0% {
    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0, 200000%, 0);
            transform: translate3d(0, 200000%, 0);
  }
}
@keyframes scanline {
  0% {
    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0, 200000%, 0);
            transform: translate3d(0, 200000%, 0);
  }
}
@-webkit-keyframes scanlines {
  0% {
    background-position: 0 50%;
  }
}
@keyframes scanlines {
  0% {
    background-position: 0 50%;
  }
}
/* PRESENTATION STUFF */

ul .jpg {
  width: calc(100vw - 350px);
  height: 95vh;
  border: none;
}
ul li {
  /*        display: none;

&:target {
              display: inline-block;
          }*/
}

.jpg {
background: url(https://aliendisc.net/images/eartherb.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
height: 100%;
overflow: auto;
}

html {
background: url(https://aliendisc.net/images/eartherb.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
}

...I modified line 65 UBB.thread's common.css file to this:

Code
/* initialize some default page settings */
a,div,p,td,li,span{max-height:999999em;}
html {
}

.jpg {
}

This is my Header Insert For All Pages related to this mod:

Code
<meta charset='UTF-8'>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/normalize/5.0.0/normalize.min.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css">
<script src='https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js'></script> <script src="js/index.js"></script>

When I insert:

Code
<!-- SCANLINES BOX -->

<ul class="scanlines">

<!-- IMG -->
    <li id="jpg"><div class="jpg"></div></li>
    </li>

</ul>

Into portal.tpl, the modifcation appears, however it is not behind everything. It acts as a cell?
I'm trying to find where the scanlines box code is to be inserted. I tried ubbthreads.php and various other files.
As you can see, I'm not very advanced with my understanding of these functions, any pointers would be appreciated!!

Thank you
0 45 Read More
03/07/19 09:02 PM
20 posts is okay also. It is your call.
If you throttle up the time between posts for newbies. You may upset a couple, But oh well.
Also stop forum spam should help. If enabled.

The only reason I said to ftp to clean up the logs. is because it would take forever in the control panel.for that many files. where ftp access could wipe them really quick.
and you would save over 50 mb's for just the admin logs. when displaying the logs.
24 503 Read More
Feedback & Suggestions
03/07/19 07:03 PM
After your suggestion we have searched and tested a few days. It turned out that we hade to make changes at cloudflare and swap to smtp. I think it works now
Thanks
11 398 Read More
Bug Reports
03/04/19 03:20 PM
Glad to hear that worked out thumbsup

The patch got posted just a few days ago, and without any major announcements about it.
3 210 Read More
03/03/19 09:04 PM
No problem laugh

BTW, the string name is what it is.
Something chosen long before I came on board as a UBBT developer. But then again, #ThanosDidNothingWrong
3 146 Read More
03/01/19 08:32 PM
Upgrading system software (PHP, Apache, MySQL, etc) is well outside of the scope of user to user support on these forums, and really should be done by your data center or someone extremely capable of handling system upgrade tasks; this is especially true in the case of migrating from MySQL to MariaDB.

It is extremely easy for one who is not familiar with upgrading system utilities via command line (or even via EasyApache for WHM) to make mistakes, and even neglect to tune their newly installed services, and that is not a level of troubleshooting that we're prepared to offer.
2 137 Read More
03/01/19 08:30 PM
Upgrading system software (PHP, Apache, MySQL, etc) is well outside of the scope of user to user support on these forums, and really should be done by your data center or someone extremely capable of handling system upgrade tasks; this is especially true in the case of migrating from MySQL to MariaDB.

It is extremely easy for one who is not familiar with upgrading system utilities via command line (or even via EasyApache for WHM) to make mistakes, and even neglect to tune their newly installed services, and that is not a level of troubleshooting that we're prepared to offer.
3 135 Read More
News and Announcements
03/01/19 01:26 AM
Changelog 2019-02-27
[NEW] Portal and Active Topics pages now have an Expand/Collapse toggle for long posts.
[NEW] CP: Member Editor now displays an HTML5 color-picker when choosing the Display Name Color. Color HEX is still available to be manually entered, but must be the full 6-digit HEX color code, preceded with a pound symbol (#).
[NEW] CP: Member Editor now displays Group Images next to the Group Membership title.
[NEW] CP: Member Editor now displays a badge next to the Group Image if the Member is displaying that Group Image on their profile.
[NEW] Group Images on profile pages and post author sections now display the group name upon mouse hover-over.
[NEW] Group Images display option now lists the group name next to the image and upon hover-over. (Thanks to M4TT for suggesting this!)
[NEW] All Email & URL entries are now checked to have valid Email & URL formatting upon entry.
[NEW] Attachments will now have their SHA1 calculated, stored in the file database, and displayed on the post they are attached to. SHA1 will be ignored for gif, jpg, jpeg png, bmp, and pdf file types. SHA1 will onyl be added for newly attached files beginning with your UBB.threads 7.7.2. VNC Web Services provides a tool to update the SHA1 of all your previously attached files. Its aptly named, "UBB.threads SHA1 Hash Generation Tool."

[UPDATE] Member Homepage entries now require full protocol to be entered. No more assuming the URL will be HTTP. Though, previously entered homepages without protocols will be assumed to be HTTP, and upon their first edit they will automatically be updated to such.
[UPDATE] Cleanup of UBB JavaScript files.
[UPDATE] Updated Font Awesome library from 5.6.3 to version 5.7.2.
[UPDATE] Updated TinyMCE from 4.9.2 to version 5.0.1.

[FIX] CP: Fixed Member Editor not allowing updates due to Member Hompage URL not conforming with HTML5 input url requirements.
[FIX] Fixed SQL insert commands which assumed table columns titles would always be in a set order.
[FIX] Fixed MySQLi persistent connections in the MySQLi library (Thanks to mmem700 for reporting this bug and Philipp for his suggested fix!)
[FIX] Fixed "Too few arguments" errors when email notices are sent. This affected notifications of: manual post/forum moderation, manual new user approvals, and mailing threads. Error only affected forums running PHP 7.1 and newer. (Thanks to Zarzal for being the first to report these!)
[FIX] Fixed "OP" displaying on all replies made by anonymous users when the topic is created by an anonymous user. (Thanks to M4TT for reporting this bug!)

https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbth...ds-7-7-2-progress-report-2019-02-27.html
2 351 Read More
Pre-Sales Questions
02/28/19 11:27 PM
UBB.threads 7.7.0 begins support for PHP 7 (and newer).
https://www.ubbcentral.com/doc_install.php
10 2,322 Read More
Bug Reports
02/27/19 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by M4TT
Hey Gizmo,

I replaced the code in each file, it worked! However, the style for OP is missing.

Not Gizmo, but I'm here now, and can reply for him smile

In the first section of his post, he gave examples of what Smarty code needs to be changed. Not direct replacements for stock code. He was using my simple examples as the base of his demonstration, rather than using actual stock code. This was intentional, as to demonstrate and focus on the root cause of the issue.

Modify the Smarty clauses, and keep the spans within the list as shown in the grep code window Gizmo posted.

IN THESE THREE STOCK TEMPLATE FILES -
templates/default/post_gallery.tpl (1x)
templates/default/post_top.tpl (1x)
templates/default/post_side.tpl (2x)

FIND -
{if $postrow[post].userid eq $opid}

REPLACE WITH -
{if $postrow[post].userid eq $opid && $postrow[post].userid neq '1'}
12 349 Read More
Feedback & Suggestions
02/26/19 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Zarzal
Google+ can be deleted, it's closed.

Shutting down Google+ for consumer (personal) accounts on April 2, 2019
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/9195133

If you’re a G Suite customer, Google+ for your G Suite account should remain active.
https://cloud.google.com/blog/produ...plus-help-businesses-drive-collaboration
3 195 Read More
How do I?
02/26/19 07:22 AM
Selecting a style is also available to users within their Preference Editor.
1) Profile Dropdown Menu (Member Name/Top-Right)
2) Click Preferences
3) Select the Preferred Forum Style (aka Skin/Theme)
Save Changes.

I'm sure that if you only had two styles, you could create a link to hard-code toggle between style named "DEFAULT" and "NOT-DEFAULT," so that you'd have a "dumb toggle."

This would be something you'd have to custom program yourself, since there are plenty of sites that allow users the choice between more than just 1/ DEFAULT and 2/ NOT-DEFAULT.

You could even relocate the drop-down to another location on your pages, so that its right up-front for the user to click and toggle between. Then you can populate it with all the styles you want -- or just two. But that would add clutter to the most important parts of your pages. Really how often do users toggle between multiple styles on each visit session?

But the very simple alternative would be to just offer up the end user a browser-extension.
I recommend DARK READER: https://darkreader.org/help/en/

Dark Reader for Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

Dark Reader for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/darkreader/
1 148 Read More
Feedback & Suggestions
02/26/19 06:10 AM
Thanks isaac! I'll have to upgrade soon! Fantastic work btw, love the new updates.
6 906 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Topics
How do I change stock button icons?
by M4TT - 03/24/19 10:19 PM
Can i go from 7.6.0 to 7.7.1 directly?
by Crasher - 03/21/19 12:15 PM
Follow Thread Button Not Aligned
by M4TT - 03/16/19 09:24 PM