Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#265206 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I am looking into buying a license for UBB.threads.

Is this forum software still actively being developed?

Also, is there any type of blog add-on (or build in) that works with UBB?

Thanks!! smile

There was a lull in past years for updates.
But not any more
Currently they are getting ready to release I believe UBB 8.

No there is not a plugin to integrate a blog with UBB.
But there are ways to circumvent some of it.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
1 member likes this: Aaron101
Journeyman
Journeyman
Okay, when UBB 8 comes out will there be a way to upgrade? Just want to make sure before I purchase. smile

I really like the layout and design of UBB smile

Last edited by Aaron101; 04/01/2022 12:20 PM.
Journeyman
Journeyman
I decided to purchase it.

Installing right now! smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Upgrades within UBB.threads utilize the built in upgrade utility for simple upgrades; when a site goes years without updates (many versions to pass) there will be times that you'll need to do an incremental update to "catch up", these are relatively rare but do occur (such as adding the Global Moderators feature in v7.3) and are as easy as upgrading to the "stopgap" version before upgrading to the latest build.

You can find a list of developer notes with each version and the release date on the wiki at UBBWiki (UBB.threads Changelog Index) or in the Changelog Discussions announcements forum.

There are numerous modifications available at UBBDev (the home of the team contracted for development of the UBB.threads product) and I offer several premium/paid modifications and themes at VNC Web Services.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Journeyman
Journeyman
Any updates on when Version 8 might be expected? I'd love to upgrade, but want to wait until it is closer in time.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I left UBB a while back but am looking at buying it again and coming back. I still LOVE the look of UBB.threads.

Is the forum software still being actively developed to date?

FYI,
Your join date here is April 2022.
If that is your purchase date.
Then you still have access to all the versions current and past till the purchase anniversary for no additional cost.
After your anniversary.
You only will have access to versions released on or prior to that date.

So if I were you I would download the most current version you have access to now.
If version 8 releases before your support expires you can download it.

All at no extra cost.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
My message from April still stands; development was on a brief hiatus while we waited for core 3rd party assets to be supported by PHP8. Now that all of those assets are compatible we're doing testing on the latest PHP builds.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
2 members like this: Jake, Aaron101
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the next release!

1 member likes this: sw55
Hi Together,

ist the UBB 7.7.5 from 10/26/2020 the latest Update? I just wanted to buy a renewal for one Year and I´m wondering that there are no updates since 32 Months and ask myself if it is stil a safe Board?

Grrets
Philip

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
That is the latest build while we finish the PHP8 capable v8 which is in testing. It is capable of being run on the latest builds of PHP7.

Hi UBB team,
Seriously. After more than 20 years with your product, I will probably close my forum because your product will not be further developed. In December I can no longer run PHP 7.x with my provider, not even - like right now - by paying for extended support. If there is no update in December, I don't need one anymore, then I will close my forum, which was founded in 1999. I find your communication on the subject of release dates / release management no longer acceptable.

I feel your pain.
The problem is this is a user based support forum.
The owner does visit here but on rare occasion but not often.
UBB 8 is nearly done and if you want attention from UBB you should post a support ticket
Maybe that will urge the owner to expedite the release of UBB 8.
It is nearly complete .
In fact the beta version has been running here for a couple of months now.

Blue Man Group
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Would love to see that release of UBB 8. While my forum is not active anymore, I did have it setup as public archive and that broke with me upgrading the PHP on my server.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Hello Ruben,

Thank you for your answer and respect for your commitment.
Unfortunately, this phrase (UBB 8 is nearly done...) already has a very long beard.
I have now paid more money to Extended Support to my provider, than to the UBB licenses.
My deadline is set: If no PHP 8-capable UBB release is available by December 31, 2023, I will shut down my forum with over 10,000 registered users. My forum users are already informed about this. Someone has already reported who might write a migration script to migrate UBB to another software, that would be okay for me too.

What - for my value system - doesn't work at all is offering a commercial product, continuing to sell annual licenses, but since release 20201027 - that's 3 YEARS in 5 weeks - no more updates available. On top of that, the ominous new Release 8 has been announced for ages, but there's nothing except hot air. This is - in my opinion - fooling the customers. Others may see it differently, but I think many share my opinion, you are burying your product with your eyes wide open.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I've had to shut down my website forum which I've run since 2003 and went to UBB a few years after. 20 Years x.x I'd love to see 8, I'm still hanging around for it. But my entire game is lost due to many external factors as well as this one.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
We're waiting for Isaac to finish the installer, but external factors like him being a UBBDev volunteer, and neither of us being employees of UBBSystems (read we have day jobs and do this primarily to keep our own forums afloat), with time constraints, holidays, family issues, things come up.

Once v8 is out the door expect updates to the test script, wiki, and sitemaps to soon follow.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ola me amigos!!

-Tim

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 322 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29