Mandatory Registration Fields:
Like in UBB.classic, the ability for admins to make custom registration fields mandatory or optional.
Military Time Clock:
The ability to choose military time in UBB.threads.
Import Birth Dates/COPPA:
For users who have transitioned from UBB.classic to UBB.threads. UBB.threads importer does not currently import birth dates. A user could be underage and there is no proof that they registered a particular birthdate to bypass COPPA.
Collapsible Categories - Admin Selectable Default:
The ability for Admin to specify collapsible categories by default. A user could decide to expand it by pressing the + symbol themselves. Cookies would control it from then on and 'remember' their settings. I have several new forums I'd like to add to three categories, but I don't dare because the Main Index page would be frightfully long for visitors and regulars who don't know how to use the collapse feature. Not to mention it might speed up the board and be easier on the server since it doesn't have waste time generating the forums within user specific categories that don't apply to everyone.
Alternately, the option of sub-categories within a category.
Mark as Edited?:
I'd like to be able to restrict users from editing their posts without a time stamp after the grace period I specified in the "edit config" menu. I have it set to 30 mins but it doesn't matter b/c they can just uncheck the Mark as Edited box. Sometimes I have controversy on my site. It would be nice if they couldn't edit their postings with out an "edited by: ___ @ such and such a time and date" like in .classic. (I know, when in Rome... but I really like .threads and would like to see it get better!).
Integrated Chat Room:
Like at ThreadsDev.com. Brilliant! Even shows how many people online to entice others to join in. Great for community-based Web sites like mine and added value for UBB.threads.
Integrated Spell Checker
Another example found at ThreadsDev.com. When you preview your message you can run a quick spell check. Instant value added to UBB.threads potential customers and greatly appreciated by existing subscribers.
Search Engine Friendly BB
The dream of many Webmasters is to have an index/spider friendly BB. UBB.threads is brilliant - absolutely brilliant, but like PhotoPost it would be nice to have an Admin selectable "Spider-friendly" URL option. Some wouldn't want to enable it, many others would!
-----------------
Thats my wish list for UBB.threads 6.x or 7.0. I'm sure I'll think of more as I get accustomed to my new BB.
In the mean time, thank you InfoPop. Simply put, communities large and small need not look any further than UBB.threads! I can't wait to see what the future holds.
Happy New Year!
Jason
Flight Attendants.org