Just wanted to bump this topic, as no one from the UBB staff has responded yet... (thanks for your tip Hal!)... the ISP where I'm hosted is looking into the problem of .cgi and .pl not being mapped correctly. His initial response from the URL referenced in Hals reply was that it looked to cause an NT security problem and was not something he could do in a few minutes as suggested on that page...
So he was going to check with an NT admin newsgroup or something... is UBB that hard to install, or can it cause NT security holes or issues??
Originally posted by Gary Edwards:
Hi all,
I'm having a slightly different problem compared to Mark. When I click on General Settings, I get the error "The page cannot be displayed". The bottom of the screen says:
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer
Any idea what I am doing wrong? I have the stock directory setup (cgi-bin, Members, ubb) according to the install directions, and have referenced the URL to the cgi-bin directory correctly in the cplinks.html file. Does the above error mean anything to anyone? Thanks for any help If I can get the demo working, we're more than willing to buy the product...
http://www.backflow.org/ubb/cp.html