My web host had a power surge and a RAID array hard drive crash. Both the HDD that my message board was on and the one the backup was on are dead. (I typically make my own backups, but I was gone on vacation.) They are sending all four drives to a data recovery company who says that they may be able to bring the drive with the backup back to life. If so, there will still be three days and 750 posts that I would like to restore.
I have copies of those posts in e-mail form. I know that it will be really ugly to restore these. Can someone here please advise me of the least ugly way?
Should I log in as each person one at a time and paste their post into the appropriate thread? Then nab the files off the server, and change the time and date of each post? Or is there an easier way?
I would very much appreciate your help with this. Thanks in advance!
PS. I was running the latest version. I think it was 6.7.2 or something like that.