I have been running Threads for 6 years now and have been itching to upgrade to something more forward-leaning. I like a lot of what you have done with 7.0, but have a few questions:

1. I notice that the Portal Page is loaded as a page off of the ubbthreads directory . Is there anyway to have people see the portal page as my index page? In other words, when someone hits
Code
www.myforum.com 
I want them to see the Portal. Possible?

2. How "spider friendly" is 7.0? I get a fair amount of google-bots and others on my site now that crawl all over the place. As a result, my site is ranked #1 for a certain set of key words. Id hate to loose that.

3. I read in one of your posts that you were considering an integrated picture gallery. Any idea how far down the road that is? (I have both an integrated Gallery and Classifieds now which I would have to give up to move to 7.0. I could still have them, they just would not be integrated).

4. Does 7.0 have any provision for making Generic integrated off-forum pages? In other words, I have several pages that I've added to my site which use the same header/footer and styles as selected by my users. Can this be done easily with 7.0?

5. If I import from 6.5.1, will anything be lost? (attachments, avatars, user profile fields, private messages, etc). Just would like to have a feel for what might be lost from the current community.

Thanks,
Basil

(I'll probably think of another question as soon as I hit the Submit button).

Last edited by Basil; 10/21/2006 12:08 AM.