It'd be safe to note that the webserver runs as a privelaged user, and sometimes webhosts hide users in a virtual directory; sometimes it may LOOK like your home is in one directory when it is infact something differant.

You can snag the path through a phpinfo.php file:
Code
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Look for something similar to:
Quote
_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] /var/www/html

That is the full path to your web root according to apache on the server, from here you can ultimately craft the proper directory to your members file.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!