In the current UBB implimention Active topics uses the search system; the search system has a variable set in the CP that allows only so many searches for a set period (as searches can be intensive on the server).

The user needs to wait for that timeout to run out, or you need to increase the timeframe:
CP -> Master Settings -> Feature Settings -> Search Tab -> Minimum Time Between Searches

In a later version Rick has said that he's going to rework the system to no longer use the search scripts.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!