According to my host company, MySQL database is WAY OVER its quota: disclaimer--I'm utterly clueless about SQL ... I really have no idea how it works, etc.

Anyway, I'm trying to get my community to go in and delete the PMs that regenerated with the conversion; I've deleted members who registered in 2002/2003 but never posted (will continue with this--but man, the # of members went from over 8000 to just over 6000! laugh -- I liked the deal with Classic where I could delete inactive members, but the member totals remained the same tongue ); and I have my admin people deleting old posts.

The trouble with the last part is that I don't want to delete too much. I like having a *history* of my site.

My host company suggested that I achive the older posts into .html formatting--i.e. to move them from the SQL server to my web storage server (again, I'm clueless on the difference!). GREAT IDEA, but how do I do it?! LOL

Also, they said that maybe I can delete tables from the import process that are no longer needed. Um, again, how do I know what's no longer needed?

---

I would like to get this cleared up ASAP before they start to shut me down or take action on their end ... or force me to find a new host.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated--especially with archiving stuff in .html format.

Thanks!

~Sue
adwoff.com